• 3(current)
Release Random Trailers Screensaver / Script
(2013-12-27, 18:11)kzeleny Wrote: Currently there is no way to hide traielrs for watched videos when playing from a folder. I only use folder to watch new trailers so I have not had a need for this but I will look into it.

Thanks

Ken Z

Thanks. I think it would allow more flexibility for the user and your not tied to youtube.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-12-27, 21:03)wgstarks Wrote:
(2013-12-27, 18:11)kzeleny Wrote: Currently there is no way to hide traielrs for watched videos when playing from a folder. I only use folder to watch new trailers so I have not had a need for this but I will look into it.

Thanks

Ken Z

Thanks. I think it would allow more flexibility for the user and your not tied to youtube.

Di you know that if you have separate folders for each movie you can place the trailer in the folder and name it moviename-trailer and XBMC will use that one instead of youtube.
-ken Z-
(2013-12-27, 21:10)kzeleny Wrote: Di you know that if you have separate folders for each movie you can place the trailer in the folder and name it moviename-trailer and XBMC will use that one instead of youtube.

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, using this example from one of my movie folders, "Random Trailers" would play the -trailer file shown rather than streaming the YouTube video even if I don't have the Random Trailers addon configured to use local folder?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-12-28, 00:20)wgstarks Wrote:
(2013-12-27, 21:10)kzeleny Wrote: Di you know that if you have separate folders for each movie you can place the trailer in the folder and name it moviename-trailer and XBMC will use that one instead of youtube.

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, using this example from one of my movie folders, "Random Trailers" would play the -trailer file shown rather than streaming the YouTube video even if I don't have the Random Trailers addon configured to use local folder?

yes as long as the trailer was there when XBMC scraped the movie. if not you will have to refresh it.
-ken Z-
Wonderful. That should work very nicely once a majority of them are installed. Thanks.
Added Support for playing Trailers from iTunes
Reworked Option screens to make them easier to configure.
Added feature to allow adjusting of trailer volume during playback.
fixed issue with screen locking up on screensaver exit.

Available to download form Git (See first post0
-ken Z-
(2013-12-29, 23:04)kzeleny Wrote: Added Support for playing Trailers from iTunes
Reworked Option screens to make them easier to configure.
Added feature to allow adjusting of trailer volume during playback.
fixed issue with screen locking up on screensaver exit.

Available to download form Git (See first post0

Is this going to be on the xbmc repo too?
Yes I need to wait a few weeks to submit it. I just submitted an update and it is frowned upon to submit updates too often. And I would like to get a few more people to test it first. I am thinking of enhancing the iTunes trailers to allow you to select from just added, popular, exclusive or all. And allow you to filter out genres and ratings.
-ken Z-
(2013-12-30, 00:41)kzeleny Wrote: Yes I need to wait a few weeks to submit it. I just submitted an update and it is frowned upon to submit updates too often. And I would like to get a few more people to test it first. I am thinking of enhancing the iTunes trailers to allow you to select from just added, popular, exclusive or all. And allow you to filter out genres and ratings.

Is the Hide Watched feature available with iTunes? I don't see it.
No that only really applies to your movie library, the hide watched feature is to hide trailers of movies in your library that you have already watched, and does not apply to trailers outside of your movie library.
-ken Z-
(2013-12-30, 02:03)kzeleny Wrote: No that only really applies to your movie library, the hide watched feature is to hide trailers of movies in your library that you have already watched, and does not apply to trailers outside of your movie library.

Thanks. So then is there some configuration that only uses the trailers in my library without YouTube or iTunes?

Or better yet, my library and iTunes? Maybe that's what is actually happening? Been watching it for about 15 minutes but so far all trailers are from iTunes.
(2013-12-30, 02:17)wgstarks Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 02:03)kzeleny Wrote: No that only really applies to your movie library, the hide watched feature is to hide trailers of movies in your library that you have already watched, and does not apply to trailers outside of your movie library.

Thanks. So then is there some configuration that only uses the trailers in my library without YouTube or iTunes?

Or better yet, my library and iTunes? Maybe that's what is actually happening? Been watching it for about 15 minutes but so far all trailers are from iTunes.

When xbmc scrapes movies into your library if a trailer exist in the movie folder with the correct name xbmc will add that file to your library. If there is no local file the scraper will search for a trailer on youtube or some other site and place alink to that trailer into your library. When you select library mode it just pulls these trailers out of your XBMC Library without regard as to where they come from.

I the the folder mode it simply randomly plays all files in a given folder.

In the Itunes mode it grabs a list of all available trailers off of iTunes then randomly play them.

Hope that all makes sense...
-ken Z-
Yes. Thanks.

Feature Request- ability to select multiple sources (library, iTunes, future other sources). With the ability to filter content from the sources people would be able to mix new releases with local library for example. Just something to think about.

Ask and you shall receive!

Just added feature to allow you to play trailers form multiple sources!

download form Git (see first post)
-ken Z-
(2013-12-30, 05:43)kzeleny Wrote: Ask and you shall receive!

Just added feature to allow you to play trailers form multiple sources!

download form Git (see first post)

You Rock
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script1