• 4(current)
Release Random Trailers Screensaver / Script
@kzeleny
Works great on my Aeon Nox setup. Can't wait for the iTunes filtering.Smile
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-12-31, 03:02)wgstarks Wrote: @kzeleny
Works great on my Aeon Nox setup. Can't wait for the iTunes filtering.Smile

Just uploaded new version (1.1.5) that has filtering for iTunes, you can filter by genre, or by rating limit. You can also decide to include Not Rated, or Not Yet Rated Movies

download from my git (see first post)

enjoy!

Ken
-ken Z-
I like the new setup. Just turn each source on/off. Don't really need a switch to enable multiple sources. Is it possible to have an iTunes filter for "New Release" or "Coming Soon"? Not sure what the site supports.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-12-31, 15:07)wgstarks Wrote: I like the new setup. Just turn each source on/off. Don't really need a switch to enable multiple sources. Is it possible to have an iTunes filter for "New Release" or "Coming Soon"? Not sure what the site supports.

Just added feature to allow selection of iTunes trailer types. You can now select from Coming Soon, Just Added, Popular, Exclusive, and All

currently coming soon simply shows trailers with a release date after today. I could give an additional option for nubmer of days:
like 30 Days, 60 Days, 90 Days. Or let you enter in the number of days to look ahead or 0 for all.

Not sure if that would be that useful though, that why I just picked anything in the future for now.

Download latest version from Git (See first post)
-ken Z-
After adding the iTunes filter I'm just getting a blank screen when iTunes is enabled. I see the startup animation but no trailers play. Only when itunes is enabled. Didn't see this behavior before you added the filtering.

Debug Log

Looks like the screensaver starts right around line 820.
Looks like you got a verison that i fixed a bit earlier. Try re-downloading and install again fresh.
-ken Z-
(2014-01-01, 02:30)kzeleny Wrote: Looks like you got a verison that i fixed a bit earlier. Try re-downloading and install again fresh.

Still looks like I'm getting the wrong version.

Downloaded the zip from git. Installed from zip. Definately a step backwards. This one doesn't even have the multi source support.
Your getting version 1.1.6 latest is 1.1.6 try going to your addons folder an deleting the screensavers.randomtrailers-master folder, and screensavers.rantomtrailers folder if you have that. then download the latest and re-install from zip. You may want to delete any old downloads you may have too to make sure you getting the latest.
-ken Z-
(2014-01-02, 02:24)kzeleny Wrote: Your getting version 1.1.6 latest is 1.1.6 try going to your addons folder an deleting the screensavers.randomtrailers-master folder, and screensavers.rantomtrailers folder if you have that. then download the latest and re-install from zip. You may want to delete any old downloads you may have too to make sure you getting the latest.

Deleted the screensavers.randomtrailers-master folder. Deleted all copies of zip. Downloaded a fresh zip file. Now I'm showing vs 1.1.3.Huh
Is there some way I can just grab the changed files from the repo?
(2014-01-02, 03:36)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 02:24)kzeleny Wrote: Your getting version 1.1.5 latest is 1.1.6 try going to your addons folder an deleting the screensavers.randomtrailers-master folder, and screensavers.rantomtrailers folder if you have that. then download the latest and re-install from zip. You may want to delete any old downloads you may have too to make sure you getting the latest.

Deleted the screensavers.randomtrailers-master folder. Deleted all copies of zip. Downloaded a fresh zip file. Now I'm showing vs 1.1.3.Huh
Is there some way I can just grab the changed files from the repo?

Not really, make sure there is no screensavers.randomtrailers folder as well as screensavers.randomtrailers-master forder in your addons directory. You may also want to delete the same folders from the userdata/addon_data folder too. This will clear all your old setting as well.

Download a new copy of the Zip File. Open it up and open addon.xml and make sure you see verison 1.1.6 it should be near the top of the file.

Install from zip as usual.
-ken Z-
The download is 1.1.6. Deleted every randomtrailers folder I could find. Even uninstalled the addon. Installed from zip and I've still got 1.1.3. I guess I'm missing something somewhere? Maybe it will update with the next repo update?
Ok here is what I would do.....

Delete screensaver.randomtrailers and screensaver.randomtrailers.master from your addons folder should be located Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addons

Start XBMC make sure no random trailers addon is present if it is uninstall it

Install random trailers from XBMC.ORG official repo.

Exit XBMC

open the screensaver.randomtrailers folder and delete everything in it

Unzip the contents of the zip file into this folder this will manually install the add on.
-ken Z-
(2014-01-02, 23:18)kzeleny Wrote: Ok here is what I would do.....

Delete screensaver.randomtrailers and screensaver.randomtrailers.master from your addons folder should be located Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addons

Start XBMC make sure no random trailers addon is present if it is uninstall it

Install random trailers from XBMC.ORG official repo.

Exit XBMC

open the screensaver.randomtrailers folder and delete everything in it

Unzip the contents of the zip file into this folder this will manually install the add on.

Success. Installing the repo version first did the trick. Thanks a lot. Didn't have to manually place the files.
@kzeleny
Just out of curiousity, is there a way this addon could be run as a home menu background? I know I haven't seen anything like this and it would be skin dependent I'm sure. If it's even supported by xbmc?

Also (FYI) seems to be working very well once I got it installed. Had just a couple of freezes streaming 1080 trailers. Video just froze but I was able to exit the screensaver with a button press. Tried to get a debug log but couldn't get the freeze to repeat. Setting itunes trailers to 480 seems to be trouble free.

Thanks for your help.
I don't think it would be possible to have it as a home menu background, setting the home menu background it the job of the skin and varies with each skin desiginer, I only think you can set an image anyway.

Once I pass off the video to play it is pretty much out of my hands and XBMC takes over so not much I could do about 1080 freezing. I can never get trailers to reliably stream at 1080 so I never use it either and have not had any issues.

Not sure if you use the Movie Info display that shows between trailers in your library, I am working on an update to get the movie info and such for apple trailers and optionally display this between each trailer or if you press the I or up arrow.

I just not got it working but will need to test a bit more probably will post update tomorrow night.

Thanks for your feedback!
-ken Z-
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script1