• 9(current)
Release Random Trailers Screensaver / Script
Version 1.1.15 Now available in the official repo. see first post for details
-ken Z-
This works for me as a program, but just gives me a blank screen as the screensaver.

OpenELEC on Raspberry Pi XBMC 12.2
Random Trailers 1.1.15

Is there more information of something I can do to assist in determining of this is an issue on my side or with the screensaver?
(2014-03-19, 16:16)IrishGent Wrote: This works for me as a program, but just gives me a blank screen as the screensaver.

OpenELEC on Raspberry Pi XBMC 12.2
Random Trailers 1.1.15

Is there more information of something I can do to assist in determining of this is an issue on my side or with the screensaver?

Have you restarted xbmc after installing. The screen saver uses a service that only starts up on restart.

If you have restarted I need a copy of your xbmc.log file from just affter the screensaver kicks in.
-ken Z-
<walks meekly into room> Ah, er... excuse me, Mr. Kzeleny? <shuffles uncomfortably for foot to foot> Er, I, um, restarted the Raspberry Pi as you suggested, and, um... Its all fine now... Works like a charm... <pulls awkwardly at collar of shirt> I'm really, really sorry I didnt try that first.... Smile

Works great! This is really awesome. Thanks for developing this and offering it out in the world. Very cool!
(2014-03-19, 17:17)IrishGent Wrote: <walks meekly into room> Ah, er... excuse me, Mr. Kzeleny? <shuffles uncomfortably for foot to foot> Er, I, um, restarted the Raspberry Pi as you suggested, and, um... Its all fine now... Works like a charm... <pulls awkwardly at collar of shirt> I'm really, really sorry I didnt try that first.... Smile

Works great! This is really awesome. Thanks for developing this and offering it out in the world. Very cool!

No problem gets people all the time. I should put that you need to restart XBMC in the description somewhere.

Glad to hear it is working on the Raspberry Pi, I don't have one to test with.

Thanks for the feedback!
-ken Z-
This isn't working for me as a program or screensaver when I have Library selected. Actually the only thing that works is Apple iTunes Trailers. Library just turns my screen black and is essentially crashed, although I can bring up my quick select menu and force out of it. themoviedb.org looks like it's about to start, but the crashes with a script failed error. I'm on Frodo 12.3 and using version 1.1.15. Thing is, 1.0.1 used to work great (for library any, cause that's all I really would like to use this for) but unfortunately it does not have all of the functionality that the latest version does. Plus I can no longer find it. Disappointed I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

BTW, I am writing this after I did an entire wipe of my XBMC so I didn't have 1.0.1 or any other version on this current installation I am referring to.
(2014-04-01, 07:12)Henchmanc Wrote: This isn't working for me as a program or screensaver when I have Library selected. Actually the only thing that works is Apple iTunes Trailers. Library just turns my screen black and is essentially crashed, although I can bring up my quick select menu and force out of it. themoviedb.org looks like it's about to start, but the crashes with a script failed error. I'm on Frodo 12.3 and using version 1.1.15. Thing is, 1.0.1 used to work great (for library any, cause that's all I really would like to use this for) but unfortunately it does not have all of the functionality that the latest version does. Plus I can no longer find it. Disappointed I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

BTW, I am writing this after I did an entire wipe of my XBMC so I didn't have 1.0.1 or any other version on this current installation I am referring to.

If you post a log file collected after your crash I can see what the problem is.
-ken Z-
The screensaver is working great for me, just one question can I change the order in which the pictures are displayed. At present when I un-select random it seems to start from the newest and go backwards in time and I want it to go the opposite ( start with the oldest ). Running Raspbmc.
(2014-04-01, 13:00)diggool Wrote: The screensaver is working great for me, just one question can I change the order in which the pictures are displayed. At present when I un-select random it seems to start from the newest and go backwards in time and I want it to go the opposite ( start with the oldest ). Running Raspbmc.

I will look into making sort order an option for the next update
-ken Z-
Is this compatible with Gotham and Openelec?

I cant seem to get mine to work at all !

It says script failed

Maybe can it be related to youtube plugin ? (also broken ATM but corrected by downloading a fix uploaded by someone on it's thread)
could be due to youtube plugin that is used to pay many trailers. try setting it to only use apple itunes trailers they do not use the youtube plugin and it may work.

If you post a log file I can take a look and determine why its crashing.

I know it is compatible with gothum but not sure about openelec. I can confirm the it works well on Windows, Linux, Android and Raspberry Pi.
-ken Z-
But are you admiting the plugin is causing bugs on your software?
Just pushed an update that fixes the crash on startup experianced by some users. V1.1.16 should be available in the official xbmc reported soon.

Thanks to all who reported this, and bigger thanks to those that submitted debug logs. Without them sometimes it is near impossible to find some bugs
-ken Z-
kzeleny, do you use youtube plugin?
(2014-04-03, 02:46)djhifi Wrote: kzeleny, do you use youtube plugin?

I use it every day many times without any issues. I am running gotham beta 3 on windows 7.

I do get ocassional errors when trying to play a trailer but they appear to be errors in the tmdb database and not with the youtube plugin
-ken Z-
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script1