XBMCbuntu 12.2 and crystal HD
I have the latest version of XBMCbuntu 12.2 installed on my nt330i and it runs well.
The nt330i is a Atom based box with nVidia for the video accelerator.
However when I play certain test videos (1080p60 AVCHD) I notice dropped frames and stuttering.
To solve this I want to install a Crystal HD card and use that instead of the built in nVidia video.

Can this be done ??

When I installed the hardware and tried to test , the Crystal HD did not show up anywhere.
Video results were the same, so it looks like it was not used.

Do I have to re-install XBMC from scratch for it to be recognized and work?
I'd like to know before I kill my system and reload from scratch.

Many thanks!
... Mike ...
Do you have the crystal hd library installed? Try looking at your debug log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
When I reviewed the logs it seems to enumerate devices, then gets to an error message related to Crystal HD.
The message indicates "libcrystalhd.so.3" not found, no file or directory.

Thus it probably was not loaded during my initial install.

How can I get the library so the card can work ?

Many thanks!
... Mike ...
You should go to packages.ubuntu.com and discover what package contains the file libcrystalhd.so.3. But hey I did it and here is the result http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?search...l&arch=any

The answer is that the package name is libcrystalhd3

Install it,
Code:
sudo apt-get install libcrystalhd3

Good luck.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I got the library loaded ... apt-get kept dropping, so I tried with the package manager.
After multiple attempts, it downloaded and installed.

So the library is there, no errror messages, but it does not appear to be working.
The hardware is found, but XBMC performs the same, has the same frame rate drop as before.
I could not find any XBMC config screen to use the Crystal HD instead of the mobo nVidia.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks!
... M ...
OK you are over my pay grade now as I have never actually used one with xbmc (I did use one with mythtv a while ago, but I am damned if I know where the thing even is now!)

I did find this though http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Crystal_HD

But frankly, back to the original problem, your ION should have no problem with 1080p. The problem _may_ be elsewhere?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu 12.2 and crystal HD0