server 2012
Hi, seen and worked through a few unable to connect threads with no joy so I'm hoping someone can help me get the xbmc remote app for Android working? So far I've checked the ports are open, I've disabled the windows firewall, everything is enabled within xbmc; but I always get a Socket Timeout. OS is Windows Server 2012. I've also tried Yatse which does detect XMBC but still gives me an error. Am out of ideas and it's driving me mad...
Did you try telnetting to the port from the phone, to be sure that this is not a network issue?
Try downloading a Telnet-Client for Android (there are a ton of them out there) and try to connect to the host via "telnet <ip/hostname> <port>"
Use the port you'd use for XBMC as well. If everything is working fine, you should be able to make a connection through telnet. If the port is closed by the PC, you'll receive a connection error. If the port however is blocked by a firewall, you'll usually get either a connection timeout or a connection refused message.

The only thing you'd need to check in XBMC:
Webserver is enabled? Can you reach XBMC via a local webbrowser (i.e. a webbrowser that is installed on the same machine as XBMC)? Using localhost _and_ the ip-address?
Did you enable "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC"?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
server 20120