• 29(current)
Proposed changes for skin v2.0
i have a request about icons also. i thought it would be nice to have a special icon for "default folders" and "locked folders".

what do you think about that.

sollie.
that would be cool. an overlay on top the normal icon would be even nicer. the default could be identified by a colored asterix overlayed over the corner.

today, a locked share that hasnt been unlocked yet gets a different icon, but that should change as well. if the share is locked, you could see a locked padlock covering the corner of the icon. and if the share was previously unlocked, the padlock could be opened.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i agree that overlays would be the best way to do it (nice for rar and zip as well as stuff like "has trainer activated" etc.)

we don't really have facility for this in place currently, though it probably isn't that hard to add. an "easy" way would be to have an enumerated overlay type that we can set in the guilistitem and we then grab the overlay "thumb" at render time (another guiimage *).

one thing - would we ever require more than one transparent overlay? (i can't think of an instance off hand, but it'd pay to think of this in advance Wink

new stuff added

a couple of new things have been added:

first there was a progress bar added to the music scan dialog (id 403).

second, a thumb panel has been added to the file browser dialog. id is 451. it's only active at present if you use a skin.setimage() from a button, where it uses the same thumb loading as my pictures does to produce thumbs of the images you browse.

other than that, just fixes of the stuff you've brought up so far.

cheers,
jonathan

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

- 25-02-2006 added: support for overlay icons over the top of thumbnails very nice i would love to see a few more overlays if possible this feature is great

one for movie is resumable
one for item is qued

cheers
- and a "default folder"

i have got a little problem with thumbs in all 16:9 modes

using square thumbs they always fit perfect in folder-focus.png

but using a different ratio they don't

i would prefer if every thumb would be automatically sized to square...the more so because the standard thumbs [original game thumbs] always fit perfect

in my pictures i am using a different thumbnailpanel where the thumbs fit but it doesn't look nice

--> skin
(britneyspairs @ feb. 25 2006,02:38 Wrote:- 25-02-2006 added: support for overlay icons over the top of thumbnails   very nice i would love to see a few more overlays if possible this feature is great

one for movie is resumable
one for item is qued

cheers
i 2nd this!

we discussed this a while back with the patch for movies watched/unwatched.

icon overlays have tons of usefulness.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
mercury recently pm'ed me that he was working on an overlay patch to complete the watched/unwatched stuff. i'll have him get in touch with jm then.

what about just having a generic overlay ability? seems like it would make good sense?

then we could add an overlay to any image.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
ceomr: regarding the thumbpanels.

this is intentional, but perhaps some agreement can be come to. i'll add a <keepaspectratio> tag to the thumbnailpanel (defaulted to true) so you can resize images to the size you want.

this will look quite bad for pictures though - perhaps i could do it as follows:

<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> works as it does now (default)

<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio> conserves aspect ratio, but scales image so that it fills the square (ie image will be cropped).

<aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio> stretches the images so that it is a square.

this will be added to guiimage, guimultiimage, and guithumbnailpanel. it will replace the <keepaspectratio> switch altogether.

regarding overlays i've posted a new thread to discuss them here.

cheers,
jonathan

i have this in my references file:

Quote: <texturefocus>toggle-up.gif</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>toggle-up.png</texturenofocus>
<alttexturefocus>toggle-down.gif</alttexturefocus>
<alttexturenofocus>toggle-down.png</alttexturenofocus>

when i put the exact same code in the includes.xml it reverses the images, so up is down and down is up.

i did a copy and paste so, they are the same.

thanks
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
nuka1195: please provide the files (email them to me if you like, or catch me in #xbmc) so i can quickly check + fix.

hi jonathan, i sent it to your gmail account.

the zip includes:

the four image files, references.xml, includes.xml and myprograms.xml.

thank you
jonathan,

i'm having an issue with control.hasmedia and animations.

when entering myprograms if there is media playing i would like a control button to swing out of the way.

i have two buttons one with player.hasmedia and one with !player.hasmedia. the correct button is displayed, but the animation doesn't animate.

i've uploaded myprograms.xml here.

it's the scan button at the top.

sorry if this has been discussed before.

thank you.
nuka1195:

that's how it works.

on window open, we do the following:

1. load xml file and allocate the controls etc.
2. set initial control visibility.
3. queue the window open animation.

if you want an animation to perform on window open, you have to do it via the windowopen animation.

visible animations only show when the visibility is changed.

cheers,
jonathan

• 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposed changes for skin v2.00