• 32(current)
Proposed changes for skin v2.0
as you are all aware, we are now in the 2.0 feature freeze.

i'm going to be freezing version 2.0 of the skin very shortly - i am just going through the code to see things that need to be removed etc. so that i make sure i haven't missed anything.

changes from v1.99 are:

1. no more support for <execute> (replaced with <onclick>)

2. no more support for <hyperlink> (replaced with <onclick>activatewindow())

3. no more support for the <script> tag.

4. 2 new buttons (will be disabled until the code support is in) on dialogvideoinfo.xml - position them how you like. one is for "resume" and one is for "get thumb". id's are and 9 and 10 respectively. labels are 13404 and 13405 respectively.

5. 1 new button (disabled until we have code support) on dialogalbuminfo.xml - position how you like. it's for "get thumb". id is 10. label is 13405.

support for the above will be in cvs shortly.

in 2 weeks (ie on the 22nd of march), the backwards compatibility code for pre version 2.0 skins will be removed to give us some time after that to fix any issues that crop up because of that.

so, you have till 22nd of march to make the changes above (as well as any others you haven't already done).

i'll talk to some forum admins about a sticky thread that we can use to allow you guys to post your skins when they are compatible.

cheers,
jonathan

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

got another small problem think its the last one tho Smile

controls that get their content dl and parsed from internet like the "myweather" and the listcontrol for music top500 usually takes a few sec to open and in the meantime any windowopen animation will run without them would be nice if the animation could wait for them to load before running instead.
please make a list of the windows where you experience this and i'll fix em.

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

think its only those 2 windows doublechecked the others that gets inetinfo but they seems to be ok.

so only these 2 :
myweather.xml id2600
mymusicsongs.xml id501 (musictop 500)

thanks for checking it out Smile
the folders update great realtime when you come out of a lookup for imdb. but the files do not? is there a specific place in videofiles.cpp that i need to update the screen when leaving dialoginfo?
deanrparry:

they should be updated by the code in showimdb(), but if not, you can check oninfo() in guiwindowvideofiles to see how the folder does it (basically calls update to refresh the directory).

cheers,
jonathan

reminder

on march 22nd, support for 1.99 skins and below will be removed from cvs.

make sure you remember to update your skin.xml file to version 2.0!

cheers,
jonathan

i have added a change to the fonts.xml. the <fontset> tag now has a new attribute called unicode. i have added a bit of documentation to the online manual (link)

please add at least on fonset with the unicode attribute to you fonts.xml files.

this will add better suppport for languages with none latin characters then.

greets

bobbin007

thanks bobbin007 Smile
backwards compatibility stuff for pre-version 2.0 skins has now been removed.

please let me know any bugs etc.

cheers,
jonathan

hi again Smile

<info>listitem.thumb</info> dosnt work anymore
in trainersettings.xml
last time i know it worked was before 0313.

also about same window im very aware of feature freeze but if possible it would be really nice if we could get a "playbutton" in that window so we dont have to go back to myprograms after setting up the trainer to launch the game.

dialogmusicscan.xml

please consider removing the "sharepath" or making it optional
all it does is push the important info of screen or forces the size of scanpanel to be twice as long.

tia Smile
listitem.thumb/icon is fixed.

a screenshot of the scan window would be nice so i can see how bad it is.

cheers,
jonathan

i know theres a feature freeze but i asked a while back if this was possible.

defaultvideocover.png so if a video has no cover it does not just display a blank space on dialogvideoinfo or fullscreenvideo if using conditions.
(deanrparry @ mar. 25 2006,03:16 Wrote:i know theres a feature freeze but i asked a while back if this was possible.

defaultvideocover.png so if a video has no cover it does not just display a blank space on dialogvideoinfo or fullscreenvideo if using conditions.
this would be nice for music & video...

maybe something that could be set in settings, or at least in xboxmediacenter.xml?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
music already has defaultalbumcover but be nice if we had defaultvideocover.

i had a look at the code but way over my head. so grovel is my best option :bowdown:
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposed changes for skin v2.00