Linux SOLVED: 1080p "lag" issue.
Hey guys!

Im running latest XBMC with my Intel NUC:

Quote:CPU: Core i3 3217U
CPU Speed: 1,8 GHz
Chipset: QS77
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
RAM: 8 GB

It works awesome in most cases. I do however get problems with some 1080p scenes, with alot of movement. For example: Two characters are walking on a field with tall grass, the grass moves with the wind. Therefore 95% of the screen is grass moving. In these kinds of scenes I get a "lag" on the video. The audio is fine, but the video lags. I have the "Sync Playback to display" checked in settings. The same scene in 720p is no problem.

My TV is a ~2,5 year old Samsung 46". I play the files through a NAS on the same network, unrared rararchives and there is no problem with the rips.

Anyone got some tips? I run XBMCuntu and I really suck at linux, so please help me Smile
Press "o" while watching the scene to check your CPU usage. Could be that hardware acceleration isn't enabled.
Post a debug log, please - i think your vaapi is just missing (e.g. not installed), that is all.

sudo apt-get install libva-intel-vaapi-driver
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Please upload a debug log (wiki)
(2013-06-17, 16:15)fritsch Wrote: Post a debug log, please - i think your vaapi is just missing (e.g. not installed), that is all.

sudo apt-get install libva-intel-vaapi-driver

Thanks dude, that did the trick.
Haha - the crystal ball rules :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-06-19, 16:31)fritsch Wrote: Haha - the crystal ball rules :-)

Ockham's razor Smile
or even Occam's Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SOLVED: 1080p "lag" issue.0