huge temp files
Hi, Im new here and also to xbmc. I have version 12.2, and have installed nextpvr. I can watch tv ok, but ive noticed on several occasions that it makes quite a few large files 220-500MB in my c:\temp folder. I dont remember pointing anything in xbmc/nextpvr to this folder. Further to this I am unable to delete these files, saying they are in use by NPVR recording service?

Have to use unlocker to get rid of them.

Thanks for any assistance, and sorry if this is a basic issue
This is not a nextpvr support forum.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-06-18, 08:14)nickr Wrote: This is not a nextpvr support forum.

well why did i follow "help and setup" to "pvr help and support" then to "next pvr"??
(2013-06-18, 08:33)marigold Wrote:

well why did i follow "help and setup" to "pvr help and support" then to "next pvr"??

This is a npvr related issue and has nothing to do with XBMC you should go over to there forum for help. If there was a problem with the npvr xbmc plugin, then posting here or on there forum would be fine. Smile

(2013-06-18, 08:02)marigold Wrote: Hi, Im new here and also to xbmc. I have version 12.2, and have installed nextpvr. I can watch tv ok, but ive noticed on several occasions that it makes quite a few large files 220-500MB in my c:\temp folder. I dont remember pointing anything in xbmc/nextpvr to this folder. Further to this I am unable to delete these files, saying they are in use by NPVR recording service?

Just to give you some help. Npvr creates a video file each time you change channel to record what you are watching live (Timeshifting) this allows for RW and FF during live TV session. This is by default stored in c:\temp if you didnt modify the configurations. Normal behavior is when your done watching a channel, the file should get deleted on its own. If it remains , then you can delete it by first stopping the NPVR recording service.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-06-18, 08:40)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 08:33)marigold Wrote:

This is a npvr related issue and has nothing to do with XBMC you should go over to there forum for help. If there was a problem with the npvr xbmc plugin, then posting here or on there forum would be fine. Smile

(2013-06-18, 08:02)marigold Wrote: Hi, Im new here and also to xbmc. I have version 12.2, and have installed nextpvr. I can watch tv ok, but ive noticed on several occasions that it makes quite a few large files 220-500MB in my c:\temp folder. I dont remember pointing anything in xbmc/nextpvr to this folder. Further to this I am unable to delete these files, saying they are in use by NPVR recording service?

Just to give you some help. Npvr creates a video file each time you change channel to record what you are watching live (Timeshifting) this allows for RW and FF during live TV session. This is by default stored in c:\temp if you didnt modify the configurations. Normal behavior is when your done watching a channel, the file should get deleted on its own. If it remains , then you can delete it by first stopping the NPVR recording service.

Thank you for your help with this, unlike others who responded. As i said im new to xbmc and nextpvr and have no idea if its nextpvr/xbmc/plugin issue. I understand a bit more now and ill see if i can disable timeshifting to temporarily stop these huge files till i get in the swing of it. I do really want to like xbmc.

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
huge temp files0