Win TV video files information/metadata not displaying
Hi Guys,

Firstly, thanks to the powers that be for such sensational software and providing this support service. :-)

The info on me is as follows:

2. Windows Version + patch level: Windows 7 Pro x86 SP1 (up to date with Win Updates to this week)
3. CPU/Architecture: Intel E8400 Core2Duo
4. RAM amount: 2gb
5. Video Card and Driver version: ATI HD4300 (unsure of the drivers but I updated them around a month ago - almost impossible this is a factor).
6. Sound Card and Driver version: Onboard - completely unrelated to issue and unsure of the top of my head sorry. :-)
7. Other devices related to issue n/a
8. XBMC Revision 12.2 - up to date as of today
9. Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem
In short for some reason the info metadata e.g details of the show description - is not showing up for my TV video files. Now I use a 3rd party program Media Center Master for updating my metadata and am running the absolutely latest version of this and I've also checked that all the metadata formats are EXACTLY in compliance with the new Frodo guidelines.

Movies are displaying perfectly but whilst I can get all the poster and fanart up I cannot get any of the episode level info to display for the TV files. I have changed the TV directory several times. Deleted and rescanned this - manually deleted these files. Tried multiple cleans and nothng helps. As I said I am 99.9% certain that I have all naming spot on - so it's almost certainly not that. The only thing that is listed for the individual files is 'Info Unavailable'.

10. FULL Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/TjG3vnjQ (amended from earlier improper one.)

11. MediaInfo output: n/a - as isn't a file not playing

I hope all the above is done correctly - please let me know if not.

Thanks in advance, Nick :-)
First your debug isnt on for logs (check wiki to find out how to enable)

Second have you tried to scrape with the XBMC scraper to see if they show? can you pastebin the content of one of your metadata.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Hi, thanks for the reply.

My sincere apologies for the log not being correct - I will amend it ASAP.

For the 2nd item, I'm not 100% sure - I should point out that I'd prefer not to have to 'rescrape all my files' metadata as there's literally hundreds of GB of the stuff and I've got a very slow internet connection...plus I'm all but certain it's already bang on and the upgrade from v11 to 12.2 has left some database file not operating properly and it's not reading these.

Something similar happened with the upgrade and movie posters and I had to go in and delete a database13 file or similar. Anyway I will get those files and reupload/clarify - thank you. :-)
Ok - I've enabled debugging and played around in XBMC for a little while - tried to recan for new content etc. I've amended the OP to reflect the new log paste but it's http://pastebin.com/TjG3vnjQ

Addressing your 2nd point, if I use the XBMC builtin scraper (using the default TheTVDB one) it will allow an individual TV video file to display the correct info but it has to have internet access for this and goes and grabs the metadata - alas this isn't ideal as I've got so much of the stuff and put a LOT of time into making sure everything was bang on in MCM first.

I've attached a paste of an nfo file from a single TV video file (this was the episode level s07e01.nfo file) - please let me know if you want it from any other files. As mentioned I cleaned out all my old metadata (that worked perfoectly on v11 for the changes in Frodo - so everything is named bang on with the new conventions).

http://pastebin.com/Nb8Z35Hu

Thanks again for your help - it is appreciated.
how is your tv fanart named? Have you compared it to the way suggested on the wiki?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV video files information/metadata not displaying0