proper database but sources have no content set
Hello,

I have 2 instances of XBMC running with a mysql database (both running v12.2 Frodo, linux version.

This is what my advancedsettings looks like:

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.110</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>123456</pass>
         <name>xbmc_movies</name>
   </videodatabase>

<video>
        <excludefromscan>
            <regexp>sample</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludefromlisting>
            <regexp>sample</regexp>
        </excludefromlisting>
        <timeseekforward>15</timeseekforward>
        <timeseekbackward>-15</timeseekbackward>
        <timeseekforwardbig>420</timeseekforwardbig>
        <timeseekbackwardbig>-420</timeseekbackwardbig>
    </video>

<videolibrary>
        <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

I have gone through many updates and always retained the database in tact, it's never been an issue.

In fact, everything is still working fine. It updates the database and everything is in sync.

The other day though one of the movies i got was not picked up by the scanner. It's been a long time that this has hapenned to me but i figured no big deal i'll manually do it.

I went into the videos sections, files and scrolled to the movie. In the past i used to press info, refresh or scan the content manually.
This time it did not give me the option.

After some more fiddling around, I noticed that my "movies" and "TVseries" did not have a set content (It was set to none). When i switched it to movies though, it duplicated my whole database.
Luckily I make backups so i simply dumped the database from the day before.

So now i'm perplexed. if my data is scanning fine and updating the database but the sources don't have content... Where is it getting this information from? Furthermore, how can I fix this in a sense that i set the content but it grabs my existing database?
Set content, but don't scan and select "exclude from library updates".

For some reason your file path is different than the path in the database (could be case sensitive, etc). Doing the above will let you manually add things without causing duplicates.

The database has it's own saved path that is separate from what is saved in sources.xml, which is what you browse when in file view. They must have gotten out of sync somewhere with some update.

Alternatively, you could use an SQL database editing tool and see what the proper path is, and correct sources.xml accordingly.
Thanks for the response. I'd like to get it solved "properly", that is updating the settings.xml file

With phpmyadmin, the movies table has the format smb://user:pass@host/folder
sources.xml just has "smb://host/folder"

where is the settings.xml file stored? I did a search and it seems only the addons have such a file.

UPDATE: I actually found this great tutorial: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_In_MySQL

I updated the tables to remove the user:pass and everything is working great.

Thanks for your assistance and helping me get to the bottom of it
Sorry, meant sources.xml, but sounds like you got it all taken care of.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
proper database but sources have no content set0