Mac Mini audo problem with DTS only
Hi guys. Im new to the forum but ive been using XBMC for awhile on different systems (not a serious user though)
Im having a problem with audio with the DTS format only. Not sure if its DTS-HD Master Audio. XBMC just says DTS
Ive tried searching and have found many things with the mac mini and audio problems but nothing quite like my problem.

Anyways some background information. The files are .MKV
The Mac is going though HDMI to my LG Plasma TV. From the TV i have Digital Audio passthrough via a Optical Cable to my LG Soundbar
My soundbar is the
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6882005128
It says its supports Dolby Digital, DTS, and LPCM

When i run a .MKV file with DTS i get these little studders. If i skip through the movie the audio will dissapear till it catches up with the movie. And sometimes it just goes all weird almost as if your melting a tape (that old sound like the audio was melting away if that makes any sense)

If i run a .MKV file with Dolby Digital (in 1080p and 720p) no problems. MP3 and AAC also work fine.

My Mac Mini
"mid 2011"
4GB DDR3
Intel Core i5
AMD radeon 6630m
OSX 10.8.4

Am i missing a setting. Ive tied everything int he Audio outputs in XBMC doing Optical Out and then HDMI. Checking and un checking every box available.
Ive tried changing the MIDI settings on the Mac

And still only problems with DTS

Any ideas?
Did you enable "DTS capable receiver"? I would expect that you don't get sound at all then because most TVs don't passthrough DTS to their optical output. Playing with that setting is the only chance you have. Whatever happens then is mostly related to the LG TV i would guess.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-06-19, 11:44)Memphiz Wrote: Did you enable "DTS capable receiver"? I would expect that you don't get sound at all then because most TVs don't passthrough DTS to their optical output. Playing with that setting is the only chance you have. Whatever happens then is mostly related to the LG TV i would guess.

yup tried that.

I do get audio just also get these weird skips.

Is there an adapter that goes from the mac minis 3.5mm to optical? or is the 3.5mm not digital?
(2013-06-19, 11:55)Krolla03 Wrote: Is there an adapter that goes from the mac minis 3.5mm to optical? or is the 3.5mm not digital?

Yes the Mac mini is digital optical out, and yes there are cables and adapters for the mini-toslink (optical) to regular toslink. You best bet is to use a min-toslink to toslink cable and connect directly to your receiver. Check monoprice.com; they have many different lengths such as http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...1&format=2
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2013-06-20, 19:51)Glorious1 Wrote:
(2013-06-19, 11:55)Krolla03 Wrote: Is there an adapter that goes from the mac minis 3.5mm to optical? or is the 3.5mm not digital?

Yes the Mac mini is digital optical out, and yes there are cables and adapters for the mini-toslink (optical) to regular toslink. You best bet is to use a min-toslink to toslink cable and connect directly to your receiver. Check monoprice.com; they have many different lengths such as http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...1&format=2

Fantastic. Thanks i just ordered it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini audo problem with DTS only0