OpenELEC ☆ Build #1
i remember this problem on windows with batteries dying quick with Playstation2 BT remote.
problem was the remote fo course never went to sleep mode.
to solve this, there was an app for windows http://forum.softpedia.com/lofiversion/i...36549.html

but for openelec, out of luck...
Just ordered this build, minus the SSD as I am going to try to run this over NFS from my NAS to save the money on an SSD, does anyone have any idea how well this works (UI speed/boot times etc)?
(2013-09-10, 01:20)Stensby Wrote: Just ordered this build, minus the SSD as I am going to try to run this over NFS from my NAS to save the money on an SSD, does anyone have any idea how well this works (UI speed/boot times etc)?

You me a PXE boot? It works quite well. It will never be as fast as running a full blown SSD but you are doing OpenELEC so the amount of actually data transferred is small so you are probably only talking a few seconds difference. If it was windows it would be a different matter. Search youtube and I am sure you can find some examples (I remember seeing one posted here on the forums not to long ago).

I say go for it. If you dont like it, you can always add it later.

Ernie
Hi! thanks for share this build! You think that can play latest 1080p MKV using AVC 10bits? I know that the 10bits version normally use more resources. thanks!
Can someone recommend a WiFi card that will work with this box running openelec?

Thanks!
My HTPC - | Ubuntu 12.04 | XBMC 12.0 Frodo | SilverStone LC20B | Asus F1A75-M PRO FM1 | AMD A8-3870 3.0GHZ | Nvidia Ge Force GT 430 | Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB | Antec 520W ATX NEO 520C ECO PSU | 64GB Corsair SSD | 5 x 2TB Green HDD | HD Homerun | Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit USB | Astraweb Usenet | SABnzbd+ | CouchPotato | SickBeard
Read 1st post correctly
Sorry if I am blind - does this have Wired Ethernet (LAN) - the amazon link doesn't show the back.
Need something small/cheap for the bedroom. The android boxes make me nervous since I no longer have time for tweaking.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Yup
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Thanks, I see your link for the NUC Wiki, reading it now
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
have this exact setup that i got myself before reading this thread. this thing is amazing and does everything/anything i'd want running OpenElec since i wanted a dedicated xbmc box.

for a remote i have a harmony with the hub and you can use it with a bluetooth dongle or wifi/bluetooth card over blueooth or its super easy to use with a Flirc as there is a harmony profile.

if you only want to run xbmc i don't think there is a better setup for the price. so much better than ouya.
@ jammyb
Hey, does your 2820 run windows 7/8 or just OpenELEC ? I have a spare WinH8 lying around and the wife wants internet on it.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
http://www.chiptec.net/pcs-e-mobilidade/...n2820.html

hi guys, is this ok too? it's the cheapest one i found in a near local store.
can you tell me if it is good for use Openelec out of the box?
DN2820FYKH
(2014-06-17, 00:54)outatouch0 Wrote: @ jammyb
Hey, does your 2820 run windows 7/8 or just OpenELEC ? I have a spare WinH8 lying around and the wife wants internet on it.

oE 4.0.6. + PleXBMC Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC ☆ Build #11