Win Movie Playback menu
Hey all, this is my first post and loving XBMC on my NUC with Windows 7 installed. I'm having a issue with the menu at the bottom of screen where the buttons (play, fastforward, pause, etc.) are scrambled and so is some other menu items. Also, there seems to be these horztional bars across the screen. I tried a different skin and some of them are worse where xbmc interface looks unreadable. Any ideas of what I could do to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated. I noticed the issue gets worse with other skins not just during playback but with the whole interface itself.
Hey Nole99,

I also am having this same issue. Just installed XBMC on a NUC i5 Windows 7 64bit build and no matter which skin I use, it is still scrambling the buttons and a few other places.

I will take a look around the forum and see if I find someone else having the same issue, but just wanted to see if you found a solution for the problem since 6/2013.
Isn't this a problem with the Intel drivers which is solved by upgrading to the newest beta drivers?

That's what I remember reading anyways.
(2013-09-25, 09:22)SpaceMonkey Wrote: Isn't this a problem with the Intel drivers which is solved by upgrading to the newest beta drivers?

I'm having the same issue as @nole99 and @Holyjuice, and, though I'm not using a NUC, it IS a brand new build utilizing on-board Intel HD Graphics (i5-4670) and 64bit windows. @SpaceMonkey, do you happen know where I can get these magic beta drivers? This was all I found on the Intel site and, I will try again, but I'm pretty sure that's the one I already have installed (and I'm pretty sure its not Beta)
Not sure how that double posted, but I found this thread under hardware, which I assume is what you are referring to. Thanks!
https://communities.intel.com/thread/386...0&tstart=0
(2013-09-25, 18:40)SpaceMonkey Wrote: https://communities.intel.com/thread/386...0&tstart=0

Yes thanks, just read through that post. The original beta drivers are no longer available, and later on in the thread the Intel employee monitoring the thread asks for feedback on the latest driver I linked to earlier (this one) which fortunately seem to fix the horizontal bars and scrambled menu items for many in the thread, but UNfortuantely, for many at least, seems to introduce green bars on many videos and (perhaps unrelated) audio issues. I will test tonight.
Hey Guys,

Just to update:

The above website helped me find the latest drivers, thanks SpaceMonkey and Seth.Feinberg. At first I thought it was something with the Skins or the new Intel NUC I put together. But after reading through the website above, it looks to have been fixed somewhat. With a few exceptions, looks like the drivers have fixed the issue with the scrambled menu buttons at the very least. I did see that a few people have encountered Greenish Bars when view BR rips or HDef videos above 720p as well as using DXVA2 mode on their XBMC.... I haven't tested this out with my build yet. (damn work, gets in the way of world domination all the time...)

All in all, thanks again for the help. I took the liberty in adding the driver info below for posterity:

For x32 bit Windows operating systems:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...ldID=23105

For x64 Windows platforms:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...ldID=23106
I just downloaded and installed the driver and experienced much the same issues as the others in that Intel thread. The new driver fixes the scrambled / pixelated icons on the OSD and the horizontal bars are gone but I see random instances of green "bars" and flahses when playing 1080p video. When I first tried to play video it was super stuttery, til i realized the new driver reset the audio and passthrough option selections in Settings. When I changed those both to WASAPI HDMI i could at least play videos. I tried 2 1080p videos and they each had different instances of the green pixelation. 13 Assassins had flashes of green whenever i would begin but nothing else as I was playing it. 28 Days Later... had a persistent green bar across the top where the black cinematic bar should (i.e. it was equal in size to the black bar spanning the bottom) that is dived in squares that are constantly changing in shade of green and sometimes grey/pink "static". Plus the overall quality of the video seems pretty crappy. Anyways seems pretty obvious that its an issue with the Intel HD Graphics driver, so I guess its a waiting game now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Playback menu1