• 9(current)
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo
I know this thread is old but I'm still having problems in Frodo 12.3 under iOS 7.0.4 on an iPhone 5s and Linux mint.

Was the fix rolled into the master yet?
there is no fix yet:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1569907
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-11-23, 14:15)versus_rob Wrote: This is actually too easy: after turning off bluetooth on my iPad (iOS 7.0.4) AirPlay showed up with video icon and so I was able to stream video!

Edit: Sorry, already seems to be broken. This is weird.

This worked for me, at least for now. Before I havent't gotten any video. With BT off watched 4 youtube videos withouth a glitch. iOS 7.0.4, XBMC 12.2 (OpenELEC).
FM2A75M-ITX, A6-5400K, Antec ISK 300-150, Sony KDL-40W5500, Rotel RA-11, QNAP TS-219p, Cisco E3000, Nyxboard hybrid, USB-CEC
It kind of works but is very temperamental.

Most of the time it only streams the audio for me (raspbmc) but I've found that by switching wifi on and off on the ios device it generally works ok again for streaming video (sometimes takes a couple of tries). Still a bit frustrating but hey, it's better than nothing!
So i have found a solution thats works with my Pi and the latest OpenElec and my iPhone 4 (7.0.4) and my iPad 2 (7.0.4)

1. First a have rename the Hostname of the Pi ( i am not sure if this a must, try it out )
2. Second i have all points on by UPnP and Remote Control in the Services Menü of XBMC

Please try it and let me know if it also works for you Smile

Cheers
Matthias
I recently reformatted my computer and installed the January Release of Gotham, and so far Youtube and Spotify have been airplaying flawlessly. Album art is also updating correctly, as well. I'm on Windows 8.1, btw.
(2014-01-05, 22:30)dimangi Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 14:15)versus_rob Wrote: This is actually too easy: after turning off bluetooth on my iPad (iOS 7.0.4) AirPlay showed up with video icon and so I was able to stream video!

Edit: Sorry, already seems to be broken. This is weird.

This worked for me, at least for now. Before I havent't gotten any video. With BT off watched 4 youtube videos withouth a glitch. iOS 7.0.4, XBMC 12.2 (OpenELEC).

Turning off Bluetooth worked for me so far (IOS 7.1) XBMC 12.2 (OpenELEC). Thanks!
This whole issue will be fixed in next nightlies and gotham...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Great news Memphiz, thanks
Was it fix? Got a lot of crash on Frodo. Most of the time the video don't open.

Bluetooth is not related..
yes its fixed in gotham beta3
What is the best hardware to put airplay working flawly?
Is this really fixed in Gotham? I just tried using airplay for the first time with Gotham 13.0 (Netflix -> XBMC) and the video wouldn't play. I then updated to 13.1 beta, but still the same.
My experience is that you need to use libshairplay https://github.com/juhovh/shairplay commit c8920724b694ee2b35dcb104f0bf169eb8a858d9 -- this one gave me best results.
i can play music, play videos, see images maybe 90% of the time without issues... tried libshairport, tried different versions of shairplay too - the above commit was the one I found most reliable.
Thanks memeka, but that seems to be way over my head :/

Is libshairplay meant to be installed in windows?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo2