"Ghost" files showing up in XBMC on ATV2
My setup is XBMC Frodo on jailbroken ATV2, with files being streamed from my Synology NAS.

I have a problem with "ghost" files.

What I mean by that is:

An example of my folder structure is:

Videos >> TV Shows >> Game Of Thrones >> Game Of Thrones Season 1 >> Game Of Thrones 1x01 Winter Is Coming.mkv

Now when I originally transferred mkv files from my Mac to my NAS, I first moved them into the "Game Of Thrones" folder, then into the "Games Of Thrones Season 1" folder.

HOWEVER, now I have a "ghost" file in my Game of Thrones folder AS WELL as the Season 1 folder. Obviously only the actual file in the Season 1 folder works, but there is a placeholder for that file in its previous location.

Similarly I have lots of different files in other locations apart from their designated folders, because they were located in those folders before being put in the intended subfolders. For example, Dexter 1x02.avi in my general TV Shows folder (before I transferred it into the Dexter Season 1 folder) etc etc None of them work as files (apart from the ones in their final destinations) but they still appear there (ie. ghost files).

These files don't appear like this when I view them in Finder in Mac OSX.

How can I get rid of this issue as it's clogging up the way my files/folders appear in XBMC.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...host_files
Thanks for that, however I used the terminal commands to view invisible files (commands found here http://www.mikesel.info/show-hidden-file...10-7-lion/ rather than using TinkerTools like your link suggested for convenience) and the the files I can see on XBMC are not visible on my Mac OSX Finder even with all invisible files now made visible.

Any other suggestions?
Dam..
I need to look into this too..
Had a nasty video within my collection, the type you don't want visitors to actually open.
Run a library up date..it popped up as a resent add..thumbs and all.
And across multiple boxes..
Now the dam thing won't go away..
I have shifted it off the NAS out to a usbharddrive attached to the NAS..
But as I just loaded up a new box, the library has thrown it up again and for the sake of me..
There is no way it should have as it doesn't have a home..so to speak.
Anyway, will look into these ghost files and see what can be done..
O..and not running a shared database as yet..
sounds like you might need to delete your Video Database -- MyVideos.db, and start again.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Might have to do that.
Funny thing is I dont use a shared dbase.
At the moment they are all (3) suppose to be doing seperate scans of thier own db.

Even on this new windows htpc on the first run ( after using xbmchub auto setup)..the dam file showed up as a new video. But i have deleted out of the NAS. Plus used the Android boxes to delete it from thier resent video list..

I know its not sitting on the NAS..so there must be some linked db thing goung on that i dont know about..

Its like the bloody thing is haunting me..lol..
So is there a resolution to this?

I tried the TinkerTools method as mentioned in the FAQ and those ghost files didn't show up in my Finder - only the DS.Store files. I'm still getting loads of these ghost files and it's making scrolling through lists of folders really annoying and time consuming.

Help is much appreciated.
XBMC -> Settings -> Videos -> Library -> Clean library
That didn't work unfortunately. Must be to do with the drive, as I've re-jailbroken and re-installed XBMC on my ATV2 due to a tripped fuse screwing up my tethered JB.

If nothing turns up I might have to try a different media player because at the moment it's taking almost a minute to scroll through a list that should take 10 seconds. :/
hmm, not sure what else it could be, but a debug log (wiki) taken turing a library scan might give us some more clues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Ghost" files showing up in XBMC on ATV20