• 90(current)
Release Xbox One Skin
(2017-07-10, 01:07)CaliKizid Wrote:
(2017-07-09, 19:43)haywirephoenix Wrote:
(2017-07-09, 06:19)CaliKizid Wrote: HAYWIRE! PLEASE! Can you hear me out and give me your opinion on what I'd like to do with either the skin or shell, whichever works best?

P.M Me buddy, I'll help in any way that I can.
It tells me I dont have permission to access the page, I even added you to my buddy list and it still won't let me pm you.

I had the same issue, I created an online instant chat link but I think we are in different time zones! It's currently 10am here.
I'm going to leave a bunch of things here so you can read through about the skin below.

I too have been in long search of creating the perfect home media centre or custom gaming console. This skin (although very large in file size and mostly hacked together)
is still hands down the closest thing we have to an xbox one dashboard clone, the animations are on point. It's a shame toyota ignores people. I think the main issue
is that it's mainly based on another skin and he's a bit lost with all the questions. There is another thread where he seems to be working on a new xbox one skin,
maybe this one is being built from the ground up, but if he ever releases it, and if it's any good I don't know.

I totally understand the quest you are on, and you can get close with this, but it's not without it's flaws, even once you iron out the bugs and caveats.

For one, AdvancedLauncher doesn't scrape for pc games, and once you get them, you will have to manually tell each to download all the cover art and input some titles yourself,
this is tedious and will not update when you install a new game. I ended up creating a folder and creating shortcuts to every game I have and getting it to scrape the .lnk files.
I started working on a python script that would scrape my hard drive but lost interest. I think someone could figure out how to utilize the Geforce Experience game scanner as it's a
web based app now, Razer game scanner does this too, but again, we need to be able to locate the database where it stores the titles and fanart and parse the info to kodi.
After all, this wasn't built with games in mind.

You can get this to launch on boot using Launcher4kodi (much better than regedit method) which would get you closer to what you are looking for but you will have issues with the
auto login if you don't want to select a user every time. The auto login is basically broken, I can hack it to skip the sign in screen but then it doesn't always load the full dashboard. I can't remember
if I managed to fix this issue. I have lost the user profile many times when I've had to start over and go through the tedious setup process. Many other features will probably be broken.

The November shell is basically a portable version of kodi with the theme embedded, plus a few windows hacks to get it running as a shell etc. Using It does feel like a virus and it
forces relaunch when you close it. Inside are lots of .XEX files, these are 'masked' .exe files that I guess a script renames the extension to load them. If you dig enough you can extract the skin
and the kodi version etc but ultimately a waste of time. I think he was trying to embed everything in one place to slim down all the questions, like the controller profile and virtual keyboard fix.

Overall buddy, you can get this working to a certain degree if you put the time in, I'm not sure if I have the files anymore, if I can dig them out I wouldnt mind uploading them. If you can write code and are willing to get to know how all different parts of this skin work, I am familiar with it's structure and learnt how kodi skins work just for this.
We could create a github and get people to contribute to strip the file size down and try to get everything running smoothly, but to be honest, you could snipe an xbox one on ebay
for under $100/ £80 and run your pc through the hdmi in to play pc games, and you've got the dashboard you always wanted, a working media centre and it 'plays' pc games.

I want us to exchange ideas on the skin but I don't want toyota to see them as he has been so unhelpful that I've been forced to figure out the entire framework of
this mess of code myself so I'd rather keep it between us. That was the reason for pm request. I hope that this can be of some help to you, and good luck!
(2017-07-10, 11:04)haywirephoenix Wrote:
(2017-07-10, 01:07)CaliKizid Wrote:
(2017-07-09, 19:43)haywirephoenix Wrote: P.M Me buddy, I'll help in any way that I can.
It tells me I dont have permission to access the page, I even added you to my buddy list and it still won't let me pm you.

I had the same issue, I created an online instant chat link but I think we are in different time zones! It's currently 10am here.
I'm going to leave a bunch of things here so you can read through about the skin below.

I too have been in long search of creating the perfect home media centre or custom gaming console. This skin (although very large in file size and mostly hacked together)
is still hands down the closest thing we have to an xbox one dashboard clone, the animations are on point. It's a shame toyota ignores people. I think the main issue
is that it's mainly based on another skin and he's a bit lost with all the questions. There is another thread where he seems to be working on a new xbox one skin,
maybe this one is being built from the ground up, but if he ever releases it, and if it's any good I don't know.

I totally understand the quest you are on, and you can get close with this, but it's not without it's flaws, even once you iron out the bugs and caveats.

For one, AdvancedLauncher doesn't scrape for pc games, and once you get them, you will have to manually tell each to download all the cover art and input some titles yourself,
this is tedious and will not update when you install a new game. I ended up creating a folder and creating shortcuts to every game I have and getting it to scrape the .lnk files.
I started working on a python script that would scrape my hard drive but lost interest. I think someone could figure out how to utilize the Geforce Experience game scanner as it's a
web based app now, Razer game scanner does this too, but again, we need to be able to locate the database where it stores the titles and fanart and parse the info to kodi.
After all, this wasn't built with games in mind.

You can get this to launch on boot using Launcher4kodi (much better than regedit method) which would get you closer to what you are looking for but you will have issues with the
auto login if you don't want to select a user every time. The auto login is basically broken, I can hack it to skip the sign in screen but then it doesn't always load the full dashboard. I can't remember
if I managed to fix this issue. I have lost the user profile many times when I've had to start over and go through the tedious setup process. Many other features will probably be broken.

The November shell is basically a portable version of kodi with the theme embedded, plus a few windows hacks to get it running as a shell etc. Using It does feel like a virus and it
forces relaunch when you close it. Inside are lots of .XEX files, these are 'masked' .exe files that I guess a script renames the extension to load them. If you dig enough you can extract the skin
and the kodi version etc but ultimately a waste of time. I think he was trying to embed everything in one place to slim down all the questions, like the controller profile and virtual keyboard fix.

Overall buddy, you can get this working to a certain degree if you put the time in, I'm not sure if I have the files anymore, if I can dig them out I wouldnt mind uploading them. If you can write code and are willing to get to know how all different parts of this skin work, I am familiar with it's structure and learnt how kodi skins work just for this.
We could create a github and get people to contribute to strip the file size down and try to get everything running smoothly, but to be honest, you could snipe an xbox one on ebay
for under $100/ £80 and run your pc through the hdmi in to play pc games, and you've got the dashboard you always wanted, a working media centre and it 'plays' pc games.

I want us to exchange ideas on the skin but I don't want toyota to see them as he has been so unhelpful that I've been forced to figure out the entire framework of
this mess of code myself so I'd rather keep it between us. That was the reason for pm request. I hope that this can be of some help to you, and good luck!
Email me: @Karellen- email removed
I have problem when installing the boot of one to the pc, says "has not started the service", in the file BuildEnviroment inside the System Tweaks folder in windows 10 some solution Huh?[/size]
Exclamation 
Hi Toyota12303,
I tried to install the shell yesterday but everytime I try to do the setup after installing the shell, the XboxDash or XboxShell freezes. Can you help me?

PC informations:
Lenovo ThinkPad SL510
Intel Core 2 Duo T6570 (2.10 GHz)
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
500GB DDR3
4GB RAM
Sorry guys I abandoned this project a long time ago due to working on other things and no longer having the time or interest for this theme.

I have recently re created the theme again for the latest version of Kodi, it's a lot more stable than the previous version I was working on and it can be downloaded from here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=253035
(2013-07-15, 22:04)mistenkt Wrote: Looks like the right amount of personalisation that im looking for Smile Hope u get an alpha out soon Smile

have you managed to add xbox live system, where you can add friends and play with them
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25