• 40(current)
Release Xbox One Skin
Only your dashboard what is giving the problems right now how is the rest of the skin ?

@ ADHDMedia ,

Delete your includes_home.xml and try mine ?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D7...ile%2c.xml
The rest of the skin is literally flawless. That's another reason why I'm so frustrated…

Gimme a sec, ill test that one.
And does it work ? or still the same issue's ?
Gimme a min, having the same damn problems getting XBMC to launch now.

I'm about thirty seconds away from backing up, wiping and reinstalling Windows. This is EXTREMELY frustrating.
Did you delete the guisettings.xml
Yes.
Maybe xbmc profile problems what happens if you run the skin as master user ?
I am running the skin as master user… is that a problem?
what happens if you make a second brand new profile how is the skin then ?
It's the same. I'm at a total loss here. I have no clue what the hell is going on. I'm just gonna leave it for awhile and go back to it when I'm less frustrated before I break something.
Just got home, was out for a few hours. System was sleeping when I got here. Woke it up and everything is working fine. Til the next episode, I suppose…
Hello ADHDMedia
This is my link you can download , Close_Xbmc.exe. This forcing task manager to close xbmc.
I made it with the help of autohotkey,works perfectly sometimes xbmc stay in the background to work.
This is not good, I use it because I open and close xbmc a hundred times, when I coding the skin.

https://onedrive.live.com/#cid=B862B92BC...2AA%211757

Best Regards
Thank you. That app works to force close XBMC when it won't open, but I still have huge issues on the dashboard.

Found a HDD laying around that I had forgotten about, nice 500GB Toshiba actually, installing Windows 8.1 as we speak. Had quite enough of the BS over the last few days lol gonna start fresh.
Hey Toyota

Where did you get the other icons you used in this view of your pins screen? Are these in the skin folder somewhere? Would love to have access to these to apply to some of my own pinned items,

@iAMl3dgend: Thanks!
i have recently been testing it out on gotham and the skin is near enough working fine now, but the only problem is that the scripts and dependencies aren't quite there yet. But it should hopefully be fully compatable soon!

@grote345 : Yeah i think the error is when it is grabbing info for your 5 most recently played games if in the games title it has something like © or ™ or something like that then the script will fail. In the latest update i have changed it around a little, once you run the update it will set your gamertag to default, you then go in to the profile section in friends and set the gamertag there, this way you can have your name on your XBMC login and set a gamertag for the Xbox sections. See image below where on the dashboard it will say your name and then gamertag below. This is now exactly the same was as the Xbox One works. Also you can now update your Xbox info by clicking on one of your achievements, or setting up your gamertag in the profile section.

Thanks!

@bakito : I'm not sure why you are experiencing this problem, have you tried creating a new user and testing it out on that one ?

@johnb : Alright then i will take a look in to it and see what i can do!

@bakito : If you mean the custom coloured tiles in the pins section then you can get these from enabling half pins in the skin settings. If you mean my actual pins then i can send you a copy of the icons if you want. As on my system i have renamed some of the video plugins and changed the icons so that it fits in more with the Xbox One Interface, e.g. changing project free tv in to blinkbox.

@grote345 : Yeah i could take a look in to it, i'm sure it's possible with e.g. web browsing and stuff like that but i think it will require windows 7 or above for the scripts to work properly.

@ADHDMedia : after you have closed netflixbmc, if you open up command prompt (start-run-cmd.exe) and then type in tasklist then it will show a list or running items. Is the netflixbmc service running on here ? because sometimes task manager doesn't actually show you everything. If it is still on there then i could create a small batch script to kill the service on exit and switch to xbmc if you like ?

Also the issue with just the dashboard lagging could be becuase XBMC has 1,142,088 characters that it has to read from the includes_home.xml
I will try and clean up the code as much as i can.

@johnb : Do you mean the pins on the left or right ? the right ones are intefrated in to the skin and you can enable them from going in to the skin settings and enabling half pins.
If you mean the pins on the left then i can send you a link to the icons if you want ?

With my setup i normally modify the names of some of the plugins and change the icons so that it fits in with the Xbox Interface.

The next update will be uploaded shortly and then i will be uploading another one shortly after that has less amount of settings.

In this update it has an updated setup section
Updated setup video - 1080p
Changed colours of dashboard, store ect. Darker colours now. - The same as the Xbox
Changed animations
improved snap feature
changed gamertag script - you now set your gamertag from the profile section in friends and apps, and your xbmc profile name can be anything.
improved profile section - it now displays your actual xbmc uptime and what you are currently doing - see image below
some changes to when the setup is ran. Also dashboard changed when the setup is ran - see image below.

The pins section still needs fixing, i will do this in the next update and i will try my best to clean up the code as at the moment there are just over 1 and a half million characters in just the dashboard.
I will also be adding more options for advertisements and also an improved weather section in next update.

Here are some previews of how it's looking :

After the setup :

Changed colours and displays gamertag below name on activity tile :

Changed on xbox to the current uptime of XBMC :

Lists what you are currently doing - on mine i'm playing bbc radio 1xtra :

• 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25