• 55(current)
Release Xbox One Skin
Thanks!
I'm not s=too sure why it's not working either, and yeah i have created that folder and it didn't work. I also tried changing the script around a little and that didn't work either. It doesn't come up with any errors or anything it just saves a blank file for some reason.
And thanks i will take a look through them.

Best Regards.
All works with multiimage in <control type="panel">

Thank you very much.

Please Test other scripts,maybe I have a mistake in the script and I do not know for that.

Well Senna that OS looks likes deja vu Smile

Almost looks like windows in the stone age Smile dude
@senna99 :

I have just tested out all of the scripts that you sent me and for some reason none of them are downloading anything on mine. I've had a read through them and i can't see anything wrong with them.

It could be a problem with mine though because i have recently been having problems with the simplejson module.

If you are running extendedinfo on your system, could you have a look through your xbmc.log and just see if simplejson is giving you errors please ?
as this will help me find out what's causing the problem. I'm not sure if extendedinfo is having problems, or simplejson is having problems.

Also when i run your script it just creates a single blank file like this :

Big Grin 
Hello
I'm sorry I'm late with the answer,on my pc everything works perfectly script.extendedinfo about script.module.simplejson impossible for me to find him in log file.
Here you have my log link : http://pastebin.com/7yJGAZ4Y

Best Regards

Hello grote345
My windows 7 looks strangely because is reworked for old pc, this version I made ​​for myself .And I use for coding and testing.in fact it is now the only pc that I have.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz and GeForce MX 4000 and 512Mb Ram.
Try to Figured how is nice to work on it . Few days ago I replaced old CRT monitor for full hd Tv now I can see what I'm doing on skin I can tell you everything looks strangely on the big screen.
Lots of greetings grote345
Hello

Are you have tested snap apps on windows 8.1.In my attempts to snap apps all works nicely but the following problems appear,
some apps requires a wider resolution and appears blue background, it is not possible to see xbmc.
The only solution is to use the original command for snap on windows. I continue with tests.

Best Regards

The picture shows the white background but In reality is blue color.
@senna99 :

Hello i have just found out that there was a problem with my XBMC install, I've reinstalled everything and it's all working fine now.
I will also test out those advert scripts again in a minute, as XBMC was probably causing the problem.

And as for snapping the apps, is that windows metro apps that you have snapped ? how did you do that ?
And do you know of any way to run them outside of the app container ? (With my setup i have different shells running on each user, and metro apps only work with the app container inside of the explorer shell)

Best Regards.

I am currently uploading the latest update now and it should be online in about half an hour or so.

There are 2 things that i still really need to change, the Xbox Video section and the pins section. I haven't got around to doing that yet as i have had to fix a lot of other things to make the skin more stable. Once the update has been uploaded then i will start working on the pins section and upload a fix asap. Then i will look in to how the Xbox Video looks on the Xbox One.

After that i will try and get the advertisements scripts complete, then everything will be fully working on Gotham.
Also i might be able to get the trakt.tv working on Gotham, but i am not sure about that yet.

After this then i will be trying to improve the messaging features, like notifications, better ways of reading messages, and hopefully a facebook section using python.

There have been loads of features added in to the latest update, too many to list them all on here so i have written some of them in to pastebin.

PasteBin

If you don't have an Xbox controller and you want to access the unsnap feature then just open up your keymap.xml and find where it says <Home>
Under that change/add a button that uses :
PHP Code:
ActivateWindow(5515

For example to map it to the G button on your keyboard just use :
PHP Code:
<g>ActivateWindow(5515)</g

And for anyone that wants to access the voice commands menu then just add this in o the global section of your keyboard.xml :

PHP Code:
<tab>ActivateWindow(9055)</tab
This will open it up when you press your tab key.

I will also add a link in the first page to my keyboard.xml and my updated controller.xml once the update has finished uploading
Hello toyota12303

Yes that is windows metro apps in snap,but as I said It does not work like I want .I can not to bypass the metro background.
Otherwise I kill my pc with windows 8.1. At the moment, I am unable to continue to do tests on windows 8.1.
And I sent you in the first post script for snap windows 8 metro apps,I will send again script .

Best Regards

Activate the script,choose some apps on the metro and press the letter M on your keyboard...

Snap_1080.rar : https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1&mkt...2AA%211757
Hi Toyota

Just wondering for the media icons (now playing etc.) for consistency would it be better to stick to the circular buttons? e.g. along the lines of...

http://metro.useicons.com/img/metro.useicons.com-05.gif
The update has just been released! download links have been updated on page 1.

Don't forget to run the skin setup as this will setup all new features. (Settings - preferences - settings - uncheck to run setup on next boot)

@senna99 :
Hello senna99,
Thanks i will take a look at it when i get back as i have to pop out now. But i think that i may have a solution to bypass the metro background and launch them straight from the desktop.
Best Regards

@johnb :
Hi johnb,
Those icons are beautiful! do you know anywhere where i could download them from ?
And i will add an option to have another OSD with these types of buttons.
Hi Toyota12303,

First time I post on this thread, have just installed your newest update for this skin in my clean XBMC 12.3 install because I wanted to try it out.

Can't seem to get past the setup - specifically the gamertag part. Whichever option I choose (one of the gamertags that are suggested, more, make my own or close) I always get a script error ("xbox.gamertag.py").

If I click on make my own, I can insert a new gamertag, but once again, whichever one I choose (my own gamertag or something I made up), when I click enter, I just get back to the gamertag selection window and another script error. If I choose close, then pick a profile picture, the XBOX one video does load, but afterwards, I get an extendedinfo.py script error, and I get several "No Internet Connection" errors on the dashboard, after which XBMC crashes and I have to redo setup all over again.

Some more info:
- Running clean install of XBMC 12.3 Frodo on Windows 8.1
- Logged in using my hotmail mail adress (after selecting hotmail as server)
- Internet connection using cable directly connected to router
- i7, Radeon 4870 graphics card
- No other programs are running in the background when running XBMC

@TimoV :

Hello TimoV,

That's weird, i'm not too sure why it's doing that as everything is working perfectly over here.

Have you tried rebooting your system ?
You sometimes get a script error with the gamertag when you are first using XBMC. Try typing in default and if you still get an error then there's something wrong with your install. If you don't get an error then the gamertag script had a problem getting info for that gamertag.
Have you tried going in to the skin settings and going in to the development section and click on fix problem. If you still get problems then try full reset.
This will install everything that is required and reset everything.
If you are still getting problems then in the skin settings in the development section there is an option to report log. Click on that and this will send a copy of your log to my email.

The no internet connection problem is when the extendedinfo script fails to get info from trakt.tv either extendedinfo is not installed properly or it failed to get info.

I also had a similar problem the other day where extendedinfo stopped working, then my widgets script started failing, then simplejson stopped working and it turned out there was a problem with XBMC. I fixed the problem inthe end by installing XBMC Frodo 12.1.

Also which way did you install this skin ?

Make sure that it is located inside C:\Users\%username%\appdata\roaming\XBMC\addons

If you still experience errors then you could manually go in to your XBMC addons folder, delete the script.extendedinfo and script.widgets
Then download the latest extendedinfo from here : Extendedinfo
And install it from the XBMC addon store - install from Zip.

Also when you are running through the setup make sure that you don't go back a page as this will mess everything up in the setup. If you want to change something then you will have to do it when the setup finishes from the profile section.
I have just tested the skin on a different system with a fresh XBMC install (FRODO 12.1) and everything is working fine.
Hello Toyota12303, Smile

very very good work Smile Smile

but please could fix this?

with best greet blueshinex
Running the latest update... everything is great!!! It looks and feels a lot snappier. Sounds are clearer, everything is just running smooth at this point.

Still looking forward to some new, improved views for the different sections. Would like to see Advanced Launcher fine tuned for cover art of all different shapes and sizes for different consoles. The scrolling on the dashboard is still all funky, left-right-up-down is all jumbled. The text inside of the new music section is white on a white background and therefore illegible. I noticed some other small things, can't remember at the moment. Will add to the list soon as I do lol

Oh also the new turn off controller feature doesn't seem to do anything at all for me. Nothing happens when I hold down the guide button. Is it because I'm using a wireless?

Also, I'm really looking forward to a new OSD with those new icons posted above. They are just gorgeous.

Great work, thanks again man. Looking beautiful.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25