• 42(current)
Release Xbox One Skin
You can download the steam script from here :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d89vaa.../steam.exe

You can download the OnLive script from here :

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C5...ile%2c.exe

You can download the Hulu script from here :

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vn0r146jpcui5dj/Hulu.exe

Also if you wanted to these can be launched from XBMC either skin settings - custom - set application - 1,2,3 and 4 (access them from games & apps section)
Or you could use advanced launcher.
Oh awesome I didn't even think about the custom apps option. Thanks a million bro, you're the best.

Now if I only had a way to pin those apps from the Games and Apps section to my Dashboard… hehe Smile
Hahah thanks man!

These scripts will need to be run instead of running the programs .exe
as these scripts will close XBMC. and then launch it again when the program closes.
For example if you normally run steam from the steam.exe you will want to launch steam from the steam.exe that i have just sent to you.
(Dont try and copy the steam.exe to the steam location as this wont work) You can just run it from any folder.

So if you are using advanced launcher then you just edit the launcher and set the .exe to the location of the ones that i have sent you.

And there is a new option in my skin to add any app to the games and apps section that lauches them pretty much the same way as advanced launcher.
You can access this from settings - skin settings - custom - application 1, 2, 3, and 4. This will add these apps in to the games and apps section of the skin.
For each application you will need to set the name, .exe location, and an icon from the skin settings. (The option will popup when clicked)

Also the guide button won't work when using these scripts as the scripts close XBMC and tasks running with it.
It will open back up when XBMC is launched again.

Hahah thanks! , i will try and add this feature in to the next update, so that you can have custom applications displayed on the dashboard Smile
Awesome. Ya I saw the option to add custom apps, I just want to be able to add those tiles from the Games & Apps section to My Pins for easy access from the dashboard. Like I have the YouTube app on my dashboard in My Pins, but I'd rather just pin the YouTube app you made for the skin there instead. Know what I mean?

Thanks, just saw you already answered that question Smile
If you don't mind sharing your icons that would be great, thanks Toyota! It's the ones to the left you were using in the pins section for media.

If you can integrate the videoextras plug that would be awesome!

one other question - what happened to the option of adding a metro background in the personalise section? Was this removed between releases?

Also.... do you have somewhere people can donate a few quid beer money for all your hard work? I'm sure if you added a link on your first post plenty of people would contribute (i assume that's allowed?)
I was actually gonna ask that same question in the morning lol I'm in the process of fixing my PayPal up and would be happy to donate a few bucks for all your extra support and hard work. You've completely transformed XBMC, it's literally like a whole new program now haha

Great job, can't wait for the new release and I'm glad I can finally enjoy the skin again.
@toyota12303 i'm glad to hear you have got it working well with gotham i'm screaming like a little girl haha thanks man an cant wait Big Grin
I can't install the skin with no version of xbmc (even if it is the most recent nightly or has a beta of Gotham) ...
I do get an error with Frodo 12.3 with the extended info script I saw it has being updated to 5.0
So problem is fixed again
Toyota dude skin works fine now had some issue with the youtube app but was not skin related but one thing I did notice the rssclient addoni is not working together with Frodo 12.3

So the rss videos will not load in the youtube app you did make
(2014-04-01, 12:33)ADHDMedia Wrote: You've completely transformed XBMC, it's literally like a whole new program now haha

Definitely. Although a name change might be needed once we get to the xbox 4 version of the skin....Wink
Im a complete newb... How do i get this skin on apple tv 2, xbmc using frodo 12.3... the apple tv is pretty slow in general navigating through the confluence skin, This seems like a very high level skin with alot going on... Will this totally jam up my apple tv if i try to load it?

ha... basically... will it work on apple tv2?

how do i get it? do i need to add a repository of some sort?... total newb...Undecided
@johnb : Yeah sure! you can download them from here, i think that there all there :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1v92ar.../Icons.zip

And yeah i will take a look in to it and see what i can do.

As for the metro backgrounds you still can change them, but this is only for the metro section at the moment. Basically there are 2 sections of this skin : 1 is the Xbox One interface and the other is a windows metro - like interface. If you go in to the skin settings and enable boot menu then the next time you start xbmc you will have an option to go to Xbox One or Windows skin. On the windows metro section of the skin you can change tile sizes and backgrounds. On the Xbox One section you can't change the dashboard background at the moment but you can change the backgrounds for your library ect.

Thanks man Big Grin ! I think that i've seen someone else's page with a donate button before, so i think that it's allowed. Anyway i am just sorting out my paypal account and i should be adding a donate button to the first page soon.

@ADHDMedia : Hahah thanks man Smile ! there should hopefully be another update some time today!

@iAMl3dgend : Hahah! it should hopefully all be working fine with gotham soon. Pretty much every section is working now (apart from switching skins and importing data for advanced launcher) the only other problem at the moment is the extendedinfo script isn't working with gotham. But i am going to try and create my own python scripts to get the advertisements and add a library option for every advertisement. This way if any scripts don't work with a release of XBMC then they can be disabled and you can use your library.

@panta08031 : Currently the skin isn't working with gotham and it's only working on frodo. If you're having problems installing it from the zip file, then you can install it by extracting it to your addons folder.

@grote345 : Glad it's working again, i have recently done some updates and i have also fixed the problem with the rssclient and the youtube app. The latest update should hopefully be released some time today.

@johnb : Hahah! maybe Wink

@forrest1110 : I'm really not too sure as i have never used an apple tv2. My friend tested a really early version of this skin on his old raspberry pi and it seemed to work okay, but a lot of this skin has completely changed now. + if it does you could just uninstall it.
Most features will work fine with any device apart from the web browser section, the snap feature and the bing advertisements. These can be disabled from the skin settings anyway and are not really required.
You should be able to get it by downloading it to a usb stick, copying it over to your apple tv 2, and install it from the XBMC store (install from .zip option)
If this fails (for some reason it does with a lot of people) then you can always extract it to your XBMC addons folder. Though i don't have a clue where this would be located on an apple tv as i have never used one. This skin should hopefully be added to a repository soon though as it will make everything much easier!

The latest update should be uploaded in a few hours hopefully, still changing around a few more things.

Here are some of the things i have changed :

Changed the way the dashboard is navigated, it is now exactly like the xbox one (see image below) basically everything moves when you scroll across the screen instead of everything in just a group.
Added a new notification bar, it's now exactly like the Xbox One notifications, even the same animation.
If the notification doesn't have a lot of text and no title then it will display a nice small colorful notification. And if the notification has a title and more text then it will display a different one that is easier to read.
(see image below)
Added an option to use kylo browser, this has been linked to the skin using python as is just an alternative option you can enable from the settings if you don't really like the default one. (See image below)
Cleaned up some of the code and textures.
Changed cursors and made the skin more usable with a mouse, app sections still don't work with mouse at the moment though.
Improved the mail section, now you can link your gmail account using the gmail plugin and see your messages in the message section (see image below)

Standing by! Thanks for the hard work man!
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25