pc shutdown at end of recording
OK, so whats the easiest way to do this, im using xbmc and nextpvr, and simply want the pc to shut down when the scheduled recording finishes?
Thank you

Sorry, its on a win7 pro pc
Well if theres no easy way, is there a way at all?
I do that with mythtv... PC wakes for recordings, stays awake while recording/serving up media and suspends after being idle for an hour.
(2013-06-24, 07:05)teeedubb Wrote: I do that with mythtv... PC wakes for recordings, stays awake while recording/serving up media and suspends after being idle for an hour.

Are you using windows? I looked at that earlier but it looks pretty messy
Linux only. Messy in what way? It can be a pain to setup as its convoluted, but in saying that after setting it up its been rock solid for me.
I use NextPVR backend and simply tell Windows to sleep after 5 minutes which works really well for epg updates, recordings etc. I also use WOL to wake it on demand which takes about 7-10 seconds using a cheapo SSD.

Martin
(2013-06-26, 00:34)teeedubb Wrote: Linux only. Messy in what way? It can be a pain to setup as its convoluted, but in saying that after setting it up its been rock solid for me.

It does look like it is available for windoze, and by messy I mean it appears that you have to compile it, or work with code, which im not into. it loos like it has to be developed a bit more? thanks for the response
Ah, last time i looked it was frontend only on windows, but there is the back end available now. Yeah after looking at the wiki I see what you mean by messy. Looks like most tuners aren't supported in windows either.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pc shutdown at end of recording0