xbmc and knoppmyth
hi, all
i am new to knoppmyth, but managed to get it up and running
i am running:
intel p3 866
384mg ram
hauppage pvr 150 (my spelling is the shits)
40gig hd
ra26 of knoppmyth
xbmcmyth 0.18.2
i finally got the script to test ok under the settings, but i was wondering what do i fill in under recorder show prefix because when i try to view recorded shows it says it can not play the file or something to that effect. because i have a pvr 150 the shows that i record r mpeg2 (correct?) so if anyone could help me out that would be great thanks in advance for all your help
recorder show prefix?
i dont have the script in front of me at work here, but perhaps your refering to the path to your recorded shows?
you have to create a share (smb for example) to where your recorded shows are kept.

this means you need to run a samba server on your knoppmyth install. i do not know if one is included with the distro. if not try 'apt-get samba'
you need to feed mythtv a path to your .nuv mpeg2 files. you can use symlinks if you need. there is also a path to the buffer that you need to reference.
both the recorded programs and buffer paths are setup in the mythtv configuration program. they can vary from install to install so i cannot tell you where they are kept

gluck
loto
i believe i have samba setup, the file path that i could find to the mpeg2 files were /myth/pretty, but i also read somewhere that that folder was only the names of the files. what file editor should i use i have tried vi but it doesn't seem to work
i don't have access to my config just now, but here's more or less what i had to do to get it working:

knoppmyth (at least r5a16) has a default samba share called mythtv sharing out your /myth directory on the knoppmyth box.

for accessing recorded shows you will have to put the following path in your xbmcmyth config
smb://[ip.to.your.knoppmythbox]/mythtv/tv

to get live tv working you will have to create a separate samba share to include the /cache/cache directories and add the path accordingly in your xbmcmyth config.

hope this helps

s.
ok seems like i gotten a little farther along now i have add a few lines in my smb.conf file and adjusted my time on my xbox to match the time on the mythbox (8 hours ahead of my local time). now i can see the thumbnail of the record show, but it still doesn't play the file, it attempts to copy the file, but errors out. dj you mentioned something about adding a line in the xbmcmyth smb file where would i find this file and what do i edit it with.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc and knoppmyth0