XBMC last version - first impressions
I've downloaded and installed xbmc-20130604-249ada1-Gotham_alpha4SF-armeabi-v7a.apk on Odroid U2 card/Jelly Bean 4.1.2.

"Birds" video on http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/ seems to be choppy. XBMC on small files works perfect.
"Birds" video runs almost perfectly on MX Player.

All videos are on an external HD connected to oDroid card via an usb hub.

Angelo
Can you get us a debug log (wiki)? XBMC might be attempting to use the software decoder instead of the hardware decoder. That being said, very few hardware video decoders will play the infamous "birds" clip correctly :)

It's why it's known as a "killa" sample.
Also if I don't know exactly how, I'll try to post a debug log Smile
Angelo
Ned, I did all the actions described here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005 but I was not able to find a debug log file in any of the following positions:
/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log
/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log
Also the search function of my Astro Manager do not find anything.
Angelo
Did you try the debug uploader add-on mentioned on this page: debug log (wiki)?
(2013-06-22, 04:16)Ned Scott Wrote: Did you try the debug uploader add-on mentioned on this page: debug log (wiki)?

No, but in the image appearing on top-left of the screen when debugging is on is written:
LOG: special://home/xbmc.log
MEM_ xxxxx/xxxxx kb - FPS: xx.x fps
CPU: CPU0:0.0% CPU3:0.0% (CPU-XBMC xx.xx%)

I think I have to find xbmc.log file in order to remove my password indication before to upload it, isn't it?

In my installation there is not XBMC cache directory including temp directory and xbmc.log file.

Where can I find it?

Angelo
Is it normal that both CPU and CPU3 are 0.0% and CPU-XBMC is often more than 100% ?
A.
I suggest google 'linux cpu percent on multi-core cpu'. Does not report like Windows. Also, cpu percent is dependent on cpu freq, stating one without the other means nothing.
(2013-06-25, 07:55)davilla Wrote: I suggest google 'linux cpu percent on multi-core cpu'. Does not report like Windows. Also, cpu percent is dependent on cpu freq, stating one without the other means nothing.

I have an android JB installation. My perception is that no hw decoding is performed.

A.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC last version - first impressions0