Handle open url for this app?
Just a quick question or request, I love using this app, but like many i use a total home control remote solution on my ipad. In my case I use roomie remote, but i know others use irule which has its own thread on here.

I would just like to ask if its possible, and if not request the ability to open the app through url. This way using our home control devices we can create a button to launch this great app from our other remote app software.

The company whose remote software i use led me to this website to check if this can be done with your app, xbmc commander has a list of functions, but I did not see any for this app.

http://handleopenurl.com/

A simple xbmc main page open through url would be nice if possible. I notice commander goes right to tv, movies, ect.. it would be nice to just simply launch the app's main page from another app.

Thank you in advance.
yep, handling open url for this app is in the TODO list
Thanks great to hear.
Hi!!! Congratulations!! Fantastic app.

Please help!! I cant find the "todo list" you are speaking about, i need to find the url scheme to open the app. Could you help me?
Many many thanks
I need this because i m programmaing a very nice whole house crestron control system , and i would like to integrate a mac mini running xmbc like a media server, and i would like to use your fantastic app instead of an porr infrared control.
Thank you very much
(2013-06-27, 01:54)insight-web Wrote: I cant find the "todo list" you are speaking about,

Maybe you already know this (if so, my apologies), but just to be clear: The "TODO list" mentioned by joethefox is simply a list of the items/features/fixes he's planning to implement in the future. It's not some option in the application itself.
Oook, understood, many thanks artRafael!!
Hi

It would be great if this could be added at some point.

It's super easy to do - all that's needed is an entry in the Info.plist file

URL types > Item 0 > URL Schemes > Item 0 > officialxbmcremote

It doesn't necessarily have to handle anything passed to it for now, the above would be enough to make it possible to launch the app from Roomie or iRule.

Cheers,

Steve
Good news! next release will have the custom URL handler, just received a PR with that feature in https://github.com/joethefox/Unofficial-...te/pull/36

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Handle open url for this app?0