banned subjects
Yes , i would be suprised, i think a lot of people are making use of streaming software from Xbmchub. Perhaps xbmc.org does exist longer, but that is no evidence that xbmc.org is still the leader in the next year. I think that xbmc can be huge in a few years. But xbmc.org will lose market if they won't work together with other xbmc companys.
"The leader?" You seem to forget that other sites have no existence if there is no XBMC.
Everyone can be the leader if the code is public domain. Everything can happen in a few years.
I'm sure if you went onto a Windows forum run and owned by Microsoft and began talking about downloading Adobe software, you'll find a similar response from Microsoft. Although without Windows, you couldn't run Adobe software*

It's the policy on xbmc.org to not allow discussion on these subjects. xbmc.org run and pay for these forums, if you want to post here, follow their rules.

* I'm aware you can run Adobe software on other operating systems, but substitute Microsoft for Apple in the example above then.
This is apples and oranges. Basically, we can look at it like this:

HUB is "providing" content (right or wrong)

XBMC.org is providing a player

XBMC.org wants to be neutral. It protects us, protects the user, and still gives users freedom. We don't care if you pirate, we won't stop you from pirating or installing whatever add-ons you want, but we also won't encourage it or present ourselves as being associated with it. We'll distance ourselves from that content and leave the moral and/or legal questions up to the end-user. This decision was even made on good terms with the people who made those add-ons (xbmchub does not make those add-ons, by the way).

From that decision, HUB popped up to host discussions based on those add-ons, and that's all. HUB didn't even actually create anything (nothing that anyone would want to use, at least). Even if they did, it still doesn't change the fact that XBMC.org makes the player, not the content. The only reason HUB exists in the first place is because we banned these topics. Originally, there wasn't even any bad blood between the two sites. Things were intentionally set up this way, to keep XBMC.org protected, but to allow some users to do what they want to do on some other site.
(2013-06-23, 08:39)hstegeman Wrote: Yes , i would be suprised, i think a lot of people are making use of streaming software from Xbmchub. Perhaps xbmc.org does exist longer, but that is no evidence that xbmc.org is still the leader in the next year. I think that xbmc can be huge in a few years. But xbmc.org will lose market if they won't work together with other xbmc companys.

You are seriously confused, xbmc.org provides the base player, the so called 'guts' of what goes on. Without xbmc.org, the others would never exist in the 1st place. XBMC is the application that everything runs under. No XBMC app and you no way to run the streaming software from Xbmchum.

If xbmc.org dies, all those that rely on xbmc also die unless someone takes over the work that over 40 dedicated developers are providing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
banned subjects0