ATV2 v5.02 Won't Strat & Blinks Constantly
Ir won't respond to remote control and all it says is "connect to itunes" . Ok so I've done some reading and searching around, and I have 2 issues with what's being suggested:

1. Some folks suggest that I must connect atv2 to my pc using a micro usb and perform a RESET. So I have 2 questions on that:

a. Once you do that, do I still need to re-jailbreak the atv2?

b. I've read that resetting atv2 (with itunes) will AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL the newest iOS version. So if that happens and it installs the newest OS version 6.xx, then I'm afraid I won't be able to JB it anymore.....is that correct and if so, anyway around thatHuh?

2. If I have to re-JB, there are 1000s of posts out there BUT most, if not all, appear to be published a year two ago and recommend specific tools versions!!! Some procedures and methods don't even have the published date!!! SO I'm really confused as to what's the latest technique and tool versions I need to use..Please advise?

My main concern again is I'm afraid if I do a reset and itunes automatically download the latest iOS, then I'll be hosed Sad

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I've never JB anything. I bought the atv2 (months ago) JB already!
The FireCore forums are probably the best place to ask this, but last I heard, the best way to restore was using iFaith, which is a Windows tool. I haven't used it myself, but I hear that it can allow you to rejailbreak using your current version of iOS.
(2013-06-23, 02:15)Ned Scott Wrote: The FireCore forums are probably the best place to ask this, but last I heard, the best way to restore was using iFaith, which is a Windows tool. I haven't used it myself, but I hear that it can allow you to rejailbreak using your current version of iOS.

Thanks Ned! I did come a across that tool and have downloaded it, but from what've read it only allows you to download/backup your Blobs. I wasn't sure that it's a JB tool!!! I've also read that once you click on reset, itunes installs the latest iOS, which may not be JB'able. So I WANT TO MAKE SURE I don't end-up with a useless atv2, which I can't even downgrade!!! If anyone can confirm that a method that will not screw-up my atv2, I'd be 4ever grateful...THX
Rejailbreaking will restore in iTunes using an older version of iOS, which iFaith will allow you to do by extracting blobs even after Apple as stopped signing them.
Thanks Bro! I'll give it a try then Smile
I had an Apple TV like that. Restoring is your only way, BUT, you'll get the newest firmware. What I did was, before restoring it, I connected it to the pc, run iFaith, and save the blobs. If you have an error, try saving your blobs with latest Seas0nPass. Once the blobs are saved, restore in iTunes to the latest firmware. Now use Seas0nPass and jailbrbeak it to your saved firmware (right click on create IPSW and select the firmware that you had. If you saved your blobs, restored to latest firmware, and them jailbroke to the firmware you were, everything should go perfect.

Good luck
Thanks Bro!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 v5.02 Won't Strat & Blinks Constantly0