Ember Errors & Access issues
When I do a clean install of Ember, my cover art and .nfo files populate perfectly. After a few scans, I get messages stating that Ember couldn't access the advanced settings. The cover art then disappears and only .nfo files remain. No matter what file types I scrape, only .nfo files work. Even on manual scrape and selection. The popup says everything scraped, but it didn't. When I delete the whole program and re-install, it often takes several tries to get it to reset itself, but still only works for a moment. I tried all the possible setting combinations to no avail. Even if I add my own cover art, it doesn't show up in Ember. Rename/folder/delete all work.

What am I doing wrong, and why does this error off so much? I actually came back to Ember this week, but now remember why I left. The same thing used to happen on my old computer when I first tried it out. It seems like an awesome setup, but it never seems to work. This seems to happen on all versions of Ember.

Also, is there a way to disable the popup completes/errors?

**I just scanned a series, and that went through fine. Everything populated.
Anyone? I burned a lot of time and still can't get this thing to work. Any suggestions would be amazing Sad
Maybe it's just me. :\
Come on. Anyone?
I think your error description is a bit general so nobody knows what to look for.
Do you have image caching enabled in ember?
In the past this could lead to some strange problems with the loading and storing of posters and fanart, although I don't know if they were fixed anytime.
No image cache. It's basically right from install, I have errors with ember accessing the Advance Settings.
no matter what version I use (new or old), it won't continue to pull data for movies. TV shows are fine. Movies only import .nfo files to my PC from the net. Art/banners only show for the first few scans, then nothing. I have to delete Ember and try again. I get 1 or 2 to go, and nothing. Even with individual scans instead of bulk. Custom settings or default...nothing. TV is fine.

I notice that most of the time, I get a popup that says that I don't have access to the advanced settings. Sometimes when I do a manual scan, nothing pops no matter what I type in unless I use the IMDB tag. But still, nothing imports even if I can see the items to pick.
What version of Ember are you using? Anything other than this can have issues in movie scanning http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165012
I tried all 3 of those and ended up grabbing the old versions too. Initially, they scan fine. After that...notta. I'm using the newest one now.
The advance setting error isn't always present, but I still can't download anything but info.
How can the Advanced Settings be "used by another program" and lock up? Ember is the only thing touching it. :\
I just did a new clean install. Purged my whole PC of anything Ember installed. Works again. Advance setting errors any time I touch anything. It'll likely freak out again in a few mins.
Mayby a problem with access rights? Do you use Win7? Where do you install ember?
If you use Win7 and are not doing this already, then try installing ember into a directory outside of the usual c:/programs path. Something like c:/tools/ember.
And try starting ember with the checkbox for "Start as administrator" checkbox selected in the program properties.
Run As Admin doesn't do anything different. My pc has full permissions.
I have win 7. Ember is currently installed on my desktop, not in the general C drive.

After wiping my pc of Ember completely and re-installing, it has worked for 2 days now with doing all I can to destroy it, it seems to keep working.
I get often Advanced Settings errors every time I make a change in settings, however. The changes seem to take hold, but lots of errors. I can disable the popup, and I guess I'm fine. Seems odd that I'd have to.

It's free. Glad to have it. Labors of love from the people that like the things that they like. I'm always happy to have them.
I changed some settings, everything stopped again for movies. Deleted the settings & advanced, Ember reloaded. Fixed. Had to put my settings in again. Has something to do with those. It's stopping covers from populating at random. Oh well.
I'm about to just manually do these...
Ember was working fine, stopped doing fanart, but will do .nfo and the cover art. It doesn't even pull the fanart. Yar! Ive deleted and installed so many times this week........ anyone?
Did you try installing it in another directory than desktop? Even as admin with full permissions Win7 treats some directorys "special", for example system and user directories. As the desktop directory is part of the user directory (at least some of it) it could be problematic.

So if your already constantly re-installing it would not hurt to try a dedicated directory like c:\ember ...

I doubt that its a general problem with ember because I use it since generations on Win7 and never had the kind of problems you describe.
I'll just deal with it until my stuff scrapes. And, I'll deal when I need it again. I've put in random folders.
Got it working again, but the posters don't "show up." They scrape fine now. I just need it done, doesn't need to be fancy anymore. I was using thumbgen, and that was a mess on it's own. I don't remember why, but it had some issues too. Freezing or something. Wrong scrapes. Etc.

I'm sure it's something little and dumb, because everyone else in the world seems to be ok. It's probably something with Windows, like everything else in the PC world.

I'll just wait patiently and keep getting the new updates Smile

Good info though, Grumbler.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Errors & Access issues0