• 4(current)
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*
(2013-08-18, 21:39)MacGyver Wrote: Seems to work great on OpenElec 3.1.5 ION.

Quick question though, is it really "searching" IMDB, or is it using the IMDB id tag stored in the database? I'm worried that if it is really keyword searching from the title that it could be corrupting valid ratings that were based upon the IMDB id from when they were added, with its "best guess" search results. I'm hoping the on-screen display of "Searching" is just for show.

Thanks, by the way.

don't panic, your right, it uses the IMDB ID Wink searching could be replaced with "fetching"..
Cool, cool, cool.

I hoped that was the case, great work by the way. Smile

(I wouldn't worry about changing anything, I'm probably the only one paranoid enough to worry about the wording, and anyone else like me can now know otherwise by reading your response.)
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2013-08-18, 23:11)MacGyver Wrote: Cool, cool, cool.

I hoped that was the case, great work by the way. Smile

(I wouldn't worry about changing anything, I'm probably the only one paranoid enough to worry about the wording, and anyone else like me can now know otherwise by reading your response.)

Thank you Smile
NEW VERSION 0.4.4

much faster if not many ratings need to be updated!

Download:
script.imdbupdate-0.4.4.zip

Code:
v0.4.4 (2013-08-19):
- much faster rating fetching (up to 2x)
- Bug fixes
Hi Jandalf,

First things first: THANKS a lot for the work. An addon like this is what I was looking for a long time.

OK, so I have been trying the addon this morning, and I have a couple of questions for you:

1) I have noticed that the information regarding the number of votes is not updated at all... is this an error or the addon does not export that info?

2) I also noticed that the ratings of many films are not updated at all. I have not checked all the films in mi XBMC collection (over 460) but in ALL the cases that I detected a rating difference, the rate shown in XBMC was higher than the current rate in IMDB. E.g.: for the film "Knowing" the current IMDB rate is 6,2 (from 137086 users) but after running the addon, the rate for this film remains with 6,4 (from 59370 users).
Another example: for the film "The Ring" the current IMDB rate is 7,1 (from 166895 users) but after running the addon, the rate for this film remains with 7,2 (from 84318 users).
As you can see, in both cases the addon is not able to low the rate for those films... I have not detected the opposite case (XBMC showing a higher rate than IMDB)...

Could the original/translated tittle have anything to do with this issue??
TV: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H; BD player: Pioneer BDP-LX58-K; AV receiver: Pioneer SC-LX56-K; HTPC: OrigenAE M10 (i3 6100); NAS: Synology DS213j; Game Consoles: Xbox One & Xbox 360 250 GB ("Slim"); Speakers: Focal-Jmlab Chorus S; Sub: SVS PB-1000; Universal remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate.
(2013-09-09, 15:54)Evergreen4 Wrote: Hi Jandalf,

First things first: THANKS a lot for the work. An addon like this is what I was looking for a long time.

OK, so I have been trying the addon this morning, and I have a couple of questions for you:

1) I have noticed that the information regarding the number of votes is not updated at all... is this an error or the addon does not export that info?

2) I also noticed that the ratings of many films are not updated at all. I have not checked all the films in mi XBMC collection (over 460) but in ALL the cases that I detected a rating difference, the rate shown in XBMC was higher than the current rate in IMDB. E.g.: for the film "Knowing" the current IMDB rate is 6,2 (from 137086 users) but after running the addon, the rate for this film remains with 6,4 (from 59370 users).
Another example: for the film "The Ring" the current IMDB rate is 7,1 (from 166895 users) but after running the addon, the rate for this film remains with 7,2 (from 84318 users).
As you can see, in both cases the addon is not able to low the rate for those films... I have not detected the opposite case (XBMC showing a higher rate than IMDB)...

Could the original/translated tittle have anything to do with this issue??

no problem Wink

I just ran an update over my database and everything seems fine.

What is in the log? Do you have a IMDB ID for each movie (or is something like "IMDb id was not found in your database" in the log)? what do you get if you open "http://www.omdbapi.com/?i=tt[put IMDB ID here]" with an imdb id of a problematic movie?

have you tried to disable the "rating difference" ?
Hi,

Thanks for this great add on but actually there is a problem : " Problem with imdb site..."

Help ![/align]
(2013-10-17, 18:14)Noexicaise Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for this great add on but actually there is a problem : " Problem with imdb site..."

Help ![/align]

the IMDb 250 site was changed. The new version works again.

Download:
script.imdbupdate-0.4.5.zip

Code:
v0.4.5 (2013-10-17):
- adapt to changes at the IMDb Top250 site
- Bug fixes
THANK YOU !!!
(2013-10-21, 21:22)SNA0815 Wrote: THANK YOU !!!

You're welcome Wink
little fix for response body error

Code:
--- orig/resources/lib/imdbMovie.py    2013-11-21 12:00:46.000000000 +0400
+++ new/resources/lib/imdbMovie.py    2013-11-21 12:19:31.000000000 +0400
@@ -21,12 +21,15 @@
             self.__error = True
         else:
             if response.status == 200:
-                data = json.loads(response.read().decode('utf8'))
-                if "error" in data or data["Response"] == "False":
-                    self.__error = True
-                else:
-                    self.__rating = data["imdbRating"]
-                    self.__votes = str(data["imdbVotes"])
+                try:
+                    data = json.loads(response.read().decode('utf8'))
+                    if "error" in data or data["Response"] == "False":
+                        self.__error = True
+                    else:
+                        self.__rating = data["imdbRating"]
+                        self.__votes = str(data["imdbVotes"])
+                except:
+                    self.__error = True
             else:
                 self.__error = True
(2013-11-21, 10:21)IvanVodka Wrote: little fix for response body error

Code:
snip

thank you, implemented here:

Download:
script.imdbupdate-0.4.6.zip

Code:
v0.4.6 (2013-11-21):
- Bug fixes
Is their anyway to speed up this add-on? Its really slow. Have over 300 movies takes awhile. Also will be updated for gothem? New features or options?
(2013-11-24, 04:11)MS413 Wrote: Is their anyway to speed up this add-on? Its really slow. Have over 300 movies takes awhile. Also will be updated for gothem? New features or options?

1. short answer sadly no... What do you mean by slow? The first run will be much slower then a weekly update. Long explanation: The main problem is the way XBMC updates an entry in its database. XBMC removes the whole entry and reinserts it again. Also the GUI will refresh after each update which is not that good. There is a Google Summer of Code project for restructuring the whole XBMC database, but I don't know about the status... I would really like to speed up this part of XBMC but for now I'm missing C++ knowledge and free time but lets see what the time will bring Wink

2. I just had a short look at the notes but this add-on should run right out of the box on gotham (not tested yet). A feature I really like is the new backgroud progress dialog for displaying background update progress.
Hi,

Let me just say I love this addon. But I seem to get an error every time XBMC starts. It just says Error in service.py. I checked the log and it said the follow:

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
           - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
           Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
           Error Contents: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.
           Traceback (most recent call last):
           File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.imdbupdate\service.py", line 19, in <module>
           if settingBool("deamonTop250") and shouldRun("top250"):
           File "C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.imdbupdate\service.py", line 11, in shouldRun
           lastRun = datetime.datetime.strptime(readF("last_run_" + name), "%Y-%m-%d").date()
           ImportError: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.
           -->End of Python script error report<--

For a more clear code check this. It starts at line 1229.

This is after I updated to the latest version. But the same error already occurred before updating. Hope you can track down the problem.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*6