"The" in movie titles / collections
Hi,

I've been using XBMC for about 6 months now - love it - and have just started using the XBMC Remote app on both iPhone and iPad. Liking the remote app a lot but I do have a couple of queries/requests if anyone could help/comment?...

(Apologies if there's an option I've missed by the way or these are known 'quirks' - I did search the forum without finding anything related. Anyway...)

Both of these are 'behaviours' in the app which seem to differ from how XBMC appears/functions when using it directly.

1. In the app, when I view my movie listing anything beginning with "The" is ordered under 'T' whereas I'd like it to do the same as the XBMC UI and ignore "The" when ordering the movie list (e.g. so that "The Amazing Spider-Man" would be listed under 'A', not 'T'). At least if there could be an option to ignore "The" when listing titles so people could choose which suits them?

2. Again, when viewing my movies I'd like 'collections' to work as they do in the XBMC UI where individual movies are listed as-is but related movies are automatically grouped into collections (e.g."James Bond collection"). In the remote app, leaving aside 'genres' (film reel symbol) and 'recents' (camera with clock symbol), there are two main ways of listing it seems, either 'movies' (camera symbol) which is a straight listing of all individual movies or 'sets' (camera with folder symbol) which does group related movies together but calls everything a "collection", even individual movies. i.e. everything is called a "collection" whether it contains just one movie or several. Neither of which exactly duplicates the way the XBMC UI lists movies (both individual and collections together).

I'd welcome any thoughts/comments people have - even if it's "don't be stupid, the reason it's like that it is..." or "didn't you realise you could..."! :-)
Hi!

this was already asked http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1436536

please continue in that thread for any further considerations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"The" in movie titles / collections0