Win Collection Manager to manage movie sets and artwork
Information 
Collection Manager is a litle helper i programmed for my own needs.
You can manage your collections in XBMC. Create new collections, delete,rename and
manage artwork.
Add or remove movies from collections.
It works with MySQL databases (i prefer) or the native SQLite database.
Link to the zip file

If you like feel free to use or leave comments or suggestions.

Collection Manager needs no installation. Simple extract the .zip file to a folder of your choise.
You need .NET 4.0 so windows is supported only.

Go to File/Setup and fill in the values. For uploading artwork you need a folder XBMC and Collection Manager have access.
I prefer a UNC path. If you like you can choose the XBMC cache folder.

Now how do i manage the collection sets?
First click at retrieve data to get all information. Click on the right side at a movie set.
If the set contains movies you will see the movies on the bottom left.

Drag and drop the movies from (1) to (3) or (3) to (1) to make your desired collection.
If you want to add a post or fanart click on the preview window an choose your artwork.
It will be previewed after selecting. Collection manager will not scale the images. Right now
you have to do it by your own.

If you want to update the artwork select poster and/or fanart. Now click on 'save set'.
Collection manager will upload the artwork to your desired folder and make the database changes.

Select a movieset and right click the set window. You can choose 'new set' to create a void set.
Choose 'rename' to rename the set only. Use 'delete' to remove a set and the set references.
At last 'delete all' removes all movies sets and all references. Use it with caution.

To be sure make a database copy :-)

1) Main movie window. You can filter the movies with (10) or search by entering a searchstring (13). Play with it!
2) All available Moviesets. Filter with (5) or (6).
3) Movies in selected movieset.
4) Click here to retrieve all data from the database.
5,6) Filter for moviesets
7) Click to find dead references in the library. E.g. the movie 'The smurfs' is linked to a set no 100. But set no 100 is missing.
I have no clue why but i experienced this in my library. Click and if you like it will be fixed.
8) Artwork preview.
9) Click to clear poster/fanart.
10) Filter for the main movie window
I have a few questions. I'm not a knowledgeable user about the inner workings of setting up databases, so Setup is a complete mystery. You say "Go to File/Setup and fill in the values" and have no idea what values to input. Can I get more help in setting up the app?

Thanks.
Hello

I'm sorry for the short setup explanation.

If you use the internal XBMC database so no external MySQL database you need only access to the XBMC database file . (In case of Frodo the name of the database is MyVideos75.db. You can find the database in the roaming folder of XBMC. It depends if you start in portable mode -p or in regular mode.) You can copy this file to a place you like and point Collection Manager in the section 'SQLite Settings' to this file or point directly to the original path.
In 'General Settings' click at 'use SQLite' and save settings. Now you can browse the database.

If you use an external MySQL database fill in the IP,Port,user and pass to access the MySQL db. The standard database is myvideos75 but in the advanced config of XBMC you can define a different database name. So you need to change the database name according to your MySQL setup. In 'General Settings' click at 'use MySQL' and save settings.

If you like to 'play' with the collection manager first you only need to setup SQLite OR MySQL.

If you like to use Collection Manager and change artwork you need a folder where the artwork are copied to. But XBMC and Collection Manager need to have access to this location. E.g. if you start Collection Manager and XBMC at the same machine you could choose 'c:\artwork'. Collection manager copies the artwork during save to this location and insert this path in the XBMC database. If you start Collection Manager on a different machine like me 'c:\artwork' wouldn't work because the folder is on a different machine. So i prefer a UNC path to store the artwork. This UNC path is accessible form both of my machines.

It's always better to make a copy of you database file. If something goes wrong you can simple copy your backup back to XBMC.

Feel free to ask if you have further questions. BTW what kind of database do you use?
Maybe I'm not clear about what Collection Manager does. When you say "collections" are you referring to movie sets? Or collections of artwork?
With collections i mean movie collections or movie sets.
I found no good solutions to handle movie sets. Some of my sets are separated into 2 different sets and sometimes i like to make my own sets.

With Collection Manager it's easier to manage the movie sets and apply artwork to them.

In short Collection Manager manages movie sets and the artwork for the sets.
Thanks, Andy. My mistake.
Andy, I applaud your work. I think XBMC's handling of Movie Sets is atrocious and from reading the development posts and trying a recent daily it's not getting any better. I wish someone would return to XWMM development, it was simple and easy to use but the development team seems to think an external approach is not good.
Exactly what I was looking for! Great work.

However, I keep getting the following error: "Unable to connect to XBMC at IP: xxxx. Maybe password issue".

Not sure what's going on. I don't use a password with XBMC and the collection manager is able to retrieve the data correctly, create and delete new sets, etc.

The only thing it can't do is save the sets or retrieve the artwork.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for putting this up, though. Is sorely needed.
Hello

Sorry for the late reply. I missed that this thread is alive.
@tbordo Which XBMC version do you use? I use the stable 12.2 and it's working on 3 machines.
I looked into the code and i guess the JSON response is different. Something changed in later versions.

So get me your version and i will look into a solution.
HI Andy,

Thanks for the tool. It was working great at first, but I noticed when I added a new category I started getting the same "Unable to connect..." message. If I ignored it, I was able to still add movies to the newly created set, but then the app would hang. After restarting, clicking on any of the new categories results in the same "program not responding" message. I also continue to get the "Unable to connect..." message.

Let me know if I can help with any other info.
My version is stable 12.2 (May 2, 2013)
Hello

Thx for your reply. Which kind of database do you use? MySQL or SQLite?
I will look into the code and upload a new version. At the moment i guess it has something to do with a void JSON or picture response.
(2013-11-27, 03:58)_Andy_ Wrote: Hello

Sorry for the late reply. I missed that this thread is alive.
@tbordo Which XBMC version do you use? I use the stable 12.2 and it's working on 3 machines.
I looked into the code and i guess the JSON response is different. Something changed in later versions.

So get me your version and i will look into a solution.

I'm using stable 12.2. Was using Collection Manager from a networked laptop when I was getting the message so I moved it to the actual HTPC where the movies are stored...same message.

Other than that, it works beautifully. Great piece of software.

Thanks, Andy.

EDIT: I'm also using the SQLite version.
(2013-11-27, 14:20)_Andy_ Wrote: Hello

Thx for your reply. Which kind of database do you use? MySQL or SQLite?
I will look into the code and upload a new version. At the moment i guess it has something to do with a void JSON or picture response.

That sounds great. I'm using a dedicated MySQL database and it seems that the connection is being made successfully, but I don't fully understand the way things fit together.

By the way, where are you storing the configuration settings? (IP of server, ports, etc.)

Let me know what else I can do to help troubleshoot.
Thanks!
Hello

Please test the new version. You can use the updated link in the first post or this link.
Void sets should work now. I could test the MySQL version only but SQLite should works also because the error was an empty string result at new void collections.

@bootnick I use the standard in build method from .NET to store app configuration values. The OS creates for every user in the system in the user directory a hidden folder with a xml file.
Another update. Some bug fixes and 2 new features.
A click on '...collection' opens a second window. So it's easier to search and stitch the sets together.

Please use the link in the first post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Collection Manager to manage movie sets and artwork1