Win Collection Manager to manage movie sets and artwork
Dear

This tool is EXACTLY what I was looking for to manage my 100+ movie sets. Unfortunately I am facing issues with it :

1) with the version dated Nov30, I can't connect to XBMC , it always comes back with "can't connect IP:xxxxx:8080- maybe password" issue. The version of Nov 28 connects without problem with the exact same parameters
2) even with the version of Nov28, the application freezes when I select a movie set that doesn't have yet a poster/fanart, after 30 sec or so, I get the same error as above (can't connect), while it connects without troubles for all the movie sets that do have a poster & fanart

I am using Frodo12.3 (very latest) and MySQL. Any idea what could be wrong ? Did I miss a version more recent than Nov 30 ?

Thanks for your support, this is really a great utility.

Best Regards

John
Hello

Please try this version. I checked the connection with my system. If the credentials are wrong you should get a message box with an error 401.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2116...erV1_5.zip

If it's still not working please describe where you click and maybe you can make a screenshot so i can see the result.

Thx for your help.
Hi,

I tried this new version (1.5), but same problem :

1) I can press the "retrieve data" button and I can see all my movies in the left pane, and all my movie sets in the right pane, but as soon as I click on any movie set, I get the following error message : "unable to connect to XBMC to IP:xxx Maybe a password issue". I don't have the issue with the Nov28 version. Despite the error message I can see the movies that belong to the selected set in the left bottom pane though. So only the artwork is not retrieved.
2) in the meantime I used the XBMC GUI to complete all the artwork (poster/fanart) for all movie sets, and went back to the Nov28 version of the tool, but I can't see them, the application freezes and after 30sec I get the same error message as above. I only have this problem for the movie sets where I selected myself the artwork. Sets that were created automatically by XBMC don't lead to any error message when I select them, and your tool is then displaying the poster/fanart correctly. In all cases I see ALL the artwork correctly in XBMC.
3) I also wonder why we need to specify a "artwork storage path" ? In XBMC I don't need to specify this, I just select the file and that's it, I guess it only keeps a path reference

My current setup is the following :

* Frodo 12.3 running on a Win7 PC
* all movies and artwork on a NAS ; MySQL database on the NAS as well
* Yatse remote control on an Android tablet

On my side I am all set now since I used the XBMC GUI, but it's far more tedious than with a tool like yours. So if you want me to make further tests to help others benefit from your tool and work, let me know of course.

Best Regards

John
Hello

Please use this version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2116...anager.exe and overwrite the executable. This version creates an error.log in the application directory.
Try to display some artworks. Please send or post the error.log so i can watch some internals.

We need the artwork storage path to upload the artwork to a location where XBMC have access. If you execute the CollectionManager from the same PC where XBMC is located you could choose a local path
for the artwork. But if you have two or more XBMC machines connected to one database you need a path where all machines have access to. So i use a network path. All the other artworks from XBMC are stored in a network path too. Substituted from the file advancedconfig.xml. I use the same path for my artwork for the CollectionManager.

If you are familiar with MySQL Workbench or any other MySQL manager you could output the fields from the art table for one set where the artwork is not displayed.
You find the set id from CollectionManager (idMovieset)
Code:
SELECT * FROM `myvideos75`.`art` where media_id = ??? and media_type = 'set'
where ? is the set id.

At the moment i guess the url is wrong ColleectionManager retrieves from your database and so no connection. The error message is stupid.
Hi Andy

I ran the SQL query for one movie set that leads to the error, and here is the output :

SQL result

Host: localhost
Database: MyVideos75
Generation Time: Jan 01, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Generated by: phpMyAdmin 3.5.3 / MySQL 5.1.49
SQL query: SELECT * FROM `MyVideos75`.`art` where media_id = 6 and media_type = 'set' LIMIT 0, 30 ;
Rows: 2

art_id media_id media_type type url
267 6 set fanart D:\mymediacollection\xbmc_videodb_2013-12-25\movies\Cars_2006-fanart.jpg
268 6 set poster D:\mymediacollection\xbmc_videodb_2013-12-25\movies\Cars_2006-poster.jpg

So it looks like the artwork is actually local on my EEPC (drive D), and since I am running your tool from another computer on my network, this likely explains why it can't access this drive and the pictures. When switching to MySQL I would have imagined XBMC to copy all those things over.

Hereunder the error log file :

1/1/2014 12:16:48 PM--3http://192.168.1.8:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.GetMovieSetDetails","params":{"properties":["fanart","thumbnail"],"setid":6},"id":"1"}
1/1/2014 12:16:49 PM--4{"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"setdetails":{"fanart":"image://D%3a%5cmymediacollection%5cxbmc_videodb_2013-12-25%5cmovies%5cCars_2006-fanart.jpg/","label":"Cars [Movie Set]","limits":{"end":2,"start":0,"total":2},"movies":[{"label":"Cars","movieid":129},{"label":"Cars 2","movieid":130}],"setid":6,"thumbnail":"image://D%3a%5cmymediacollection%5cxbmc_videodb_2013-12-25%5cmovies%5cCars_2006-poster.jpg/"}}}
1/1/2014 12:16:49 PM--1{"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"setdetails":{"fanart":"image://D%3a%5cmymediacollection%5cxbmc_videodb_2013-12-25%5cmovies%5cCars_2006-fanart.jpg/","label":"Cars [Movie Set]","limits":{"end":2,"start":0,"total":2},"movies":[{"label":"Cars","movieid":129},{"label":"Cars 2","movieid":130}],"setid":6,"thumbnail":"image://D%3a%5cmymediacollection%5cxbmc_videodb_2013-12-25%5cmovies%5cCars_2006-poster.jpg/"}}}
1/1/2014 12:16:49 PM--2{"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"setdetails":{"fanart":"image://D:\mymediacollection\xbmc_videodb_2013-12-25\movies\Cars_2006-fanart.jpg/","label":"Cars [Movie Set]","limits":{"end":2,"start":0,"total":2},"movies":[{"label":"Cars","movieid":129},{"label":"Cars 2","movieid":130}],"setid":6,"thumbnail":"image://D:\mymediacollection\xbmc_videodb_2013-12-25\movies\Cars_2006-poster.jpg/"}}}
1/1/2014 12:16:49 PM--6{"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"setdetails":{"fanart":"image://D:\mymediacollection\xbmc_videodb_2013-12-25\movies\Cars_2006-fanart.jpg/","label":"Cars [Movie Set]","limits":{"end":2,"start":0,"total":2},"movies":[{"label":"Cars","movieid":129},{"label":"Cars 2","movieid":130}],"setid":6,"thumbnail":"image://D:\mymediacollection\xbmc_videodb_2013-12-25\movies\Cars_2006-poster.jpg/"}}}

Is there a way to automatically copy all this artwork to my NAS (e.g by exporting/importing the database to a NAS location) ? Or should I use your tool, provide a path on the NAS for the artwork, and redo the work of selecting a poster&fanart for all those movies ?

Happy New-Year !

John
Hello

Yes. This is the issue. I didn't implement local drives because it makes no sense for me. I have 3 XBMC boxes and i want the artwork at all my machines.
Local paths like d:\* leads to the stupid error message. I didn't catch this error.

If you provide CollectionManager with a valid path the manager copies the artwork during the save process to the network location. So you need to choose the artwork and press save only.
But the path need to be a network path like \\nas\sets or something like that. Make sure the PC where you execute CollectionManager and the XBMC machines have access to the network path. CollectionManager needs write access to copy the files.

Now you have 2 options. Provide a valid path and redo all the artwork or copy all the artwork you have manually to the new network location and use an UPDATE statement to update the new path. Something like this "UPDATE `art` SET url = REPLACE(url,"d:\mymediacollection\xbmc_videodb_2013-12-25\movies\", "\\nas\artwork\") WHERE url LIKE 'd:\%';"
This is not the correct statement. I guess you need to mask all the \.
I'm not pretty good in SQL things so maybe you have to experiment a little.
It's good to make a database copy and work in the backup. If it's working use the statement in the correct database.

If you need more help or have an idea for new features please leave a comment.
Why do you recommend using an external MySQL database instead of the internal xbmc database?
Isn't it alot easier to use the internal?

Thanks for your work! Very appreciated!
I have 3 XBMC machines in my network. If you like to have one database and artwork for all machines you need a centralized database.

The local SQLite isn't capable to drive network connections. So you would need to update the machines one by one.

For one machine a MySQL setup isn't necessary.
Ok, thanks for your answer!

I have another question.
I'm getting the same error message that ElCoyote got. I have all my movies on a NAS and run xbmc from my computer. I run Collection manager from the same computer as xbmc. I dont know where my artwork is being saved. Can you please help me with the artwork path?
Please Andy! Smile
Hello

First i would suggest to transfer the artwork to a network location. Create a network share on your NAS. Maybe called it 'xbmcartwork' Make it writable and copy the artwork folder of XBMC to the network share. You find the folder 'thumbnails' in the XBMC folder if you start XBMC in portable mode or in the userdata roaming folder.
The content of the folder look like folders from 0 to 9 and a to f. Copy the entire content of the folder 'thumbnails' to the new created network location. In the network path create a new folder maybe 'collection'.
Create a new file advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder of you XBMC installation.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
   <substitute>
       <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
       <to>smb://name_of_your_nas/xbmcartwork/</to>
   </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Now the entire artwork of XBMC will be copied to your NAS. Now you can use this network path in the CollectionManager '\\name_of_your_nas\xbmcartwork\collection'

If you create a new set, CollectionManager copies the artwork to '\\name_of_your_nas\xbmcartwork\collection'.

If you need more help feel free to ask.
I still got the same error message.
Do I have to enter the ip adress of xbmc and port number? What port number should I use in that case? Should I enter username and password?
CollectionManager needs a working TCP connection to query the database and retrieve the JSON results. Take a look into your XBMC setup for port,username and password.

If you start XBMC and CollectionManager from the same machine you can use 127.0.0.1 or localhost as IP.
I'm sorry but I just can't get it to work. I've entered 127.0.0.1 and the only port I found in xbmc was 80 but that didn't work. I get the same error.
I don't think I use a username and password for XBMC. Where do I finnd the port? I really would like to get this working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Collection Manager to manage movie sets and artwork1