Win Collection Manager to manage movie sets and artwork
Hello

Go into your XBMC settings-->services-->webserver. Make sure the webserver is enabled. At this page you find username,port and password. If you are in your LAN only you can leave username and password blank. To test the connection open a browser and enter the ip and port. You should see the standard XBMC interface. http://xbmcip:port

If the browser can't connect something is wrong. Maybe firewall issue.
If my xbmc ip adress is the same as my computer then it doesn't work. I tried to disable the firewall but that didn't help. I have also opened the port in my router.
Something is wrong with your installation. The XBMC IP is the same as your PC IP. If you can't connect with a browser CollectionManager can't connect also.
So you have to fix this first.

If you start CollectionManager and XBMC from the same PC you can use 127.0.0.1 as IP. Make sure the XBMC webserver is enabled and open a browser and try to connect with http://127.0.0.1:xbmcport
If you can't see the XBMC website i don' have a clue what's wrong.
I finally got it to work. I couldn't use port 80. So I changed to 8080 and now it works! Great!
Another question Smile

I have created new collections and I wonder how I can find them in XBMC? I want to make a smart playlist for movie sets but my collections don't show up.

Thanks for your help and for your work!
If you add a new collection to XBMC you can find the new collection in movies-->sets.

Refresh or restart CollectionManager. Now you have to find your new created collection. If the new set doesn't appear i guess CollectionManager couldn't write to your database
or your XBMC installation uses a different database.

I never tried to add a smart playlist with movie sets. I'll check this out.
How do I actually create a new set with this or can I?
First of all Andy, this little program was exactly what I needed
and it does what it says...

But there is allways room for improvement..
So here a list of things that are posibly bugs or new features... (as I'm converting 2500 films in 200 sets you'll find something)

When crating a new set in "all sets" system freezes for a minute (found out that when doing so with an empty set, there's no freeze)
When saving a set, movie window resets to all movies and you have to look up where you had left (altough "not in set" button remains light blue)
When creating a new set, available movie sets resets to all sets and you have to look up where you had left (altough "empty sets" button remains light blue)
would it be possible to order movies and moviesets on alphabeth (or only view with a certain "keyword")
A creating new set button, instead of only right-clic on an excisting set
Would it be possible to select movies instead of only moving each movie seperate
wouls it be possible to change the id nr of a movie or movieset
easier way of changing order of movies in a movieset
edit the name of a movieset, instead of only replacing it.
is it possible to create a movieset within a movieset.
Video 
Quote:When crating a new set in "all sets" system freezes for a minute (found out that when doing so with an empty set, there's no freeze)

If you right click on the list collection manager tries to download the artwork. After that the context menu appears. If there are connection issues you have a freeze.
I tried with my setup with about 150 sets and had no freeze. I made a button for new sets so no artwork downloading should occur.
Please try the new update.

Quote:edit the name of a movieset, instead of only replacing it.
If you right click on a movieset you can simple rename the set.

Quote:is it possible to create a movieset within a movieset.
I guess no. XBMC have one level for sets only

I will look what i can do with the features you like.
Please try this update if you have freezes if you use the 'new set' button
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2116...anager.zip
Andy, thanks very much for this little software that does a lot helping me managing my sets. Thank you thank you! Happy to try any update/new version you may be working on.

Lola
Im looking a program like this the reads video_cache.db on icefilms any chance you could write a script the works with that
Does anyone still have a copy of this (if it still works with Kodi 18)?  Dropbox links are all dead.  I need something to manage my sets with because although we're 6 years on, set management in Kodi is still pretty painful.

Failing that does anyone know of any other similar helper programs for managing sets?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Collection Manager to manage movie sets and artwork1