Win Options missing in 'get thumb'
Hi everybody,

I just started using Ace as a skin, I really love it, but there's one thing I can't figure out. For most movies (and tv-shows), under 'get thumb' I can get fanart, clearart, clearlogo, poster, and so on. However, with a few movies and tv shows, there are a few options missing, like in the screenshot below. Any ideas on how I can retain these options?
This is a weird coincidence, I just got around last night myself to fixing this for my setup... Anyway, the problem is that when you press "Get thumbs" Ace opens up "Choose Art" where it only shows the artwork available for the specific language and media type (DVD, Bluray, etc.). What you want is to open Artwork Downloader without any restrictions, so you could try changing that button or adding a new one.

NOTE: The code below is a copy-paste from Aeon Nox, I'm not making any claims I figured it out myself.

Open C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.ace\720p\DialogVideoInfo.xml

Find the following around line 724:
Code:
    <item id="7"><!-- Get Thumb -->
    <label>13405</label>
    <onclick>SendClick(2003,10)</onclick>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(kioskininfo)</visible>
    </item>

Replace it with this:
Code:
    <label>13405</label>
    </item>
    <item id="752"><!-- Get More Thumbs -->
    <label>21452</label>
    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=gui,mediatype=movie,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
    </item>

This will add a new button next to "Get thumbs" named "Get more...". Alternatively you could replace the contents of item id="7" with the following in order to just have one button with the fixed options:
Code:
    <label>13405</label>
    <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
    <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=gui,mediatype=movie,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
    </item>

Keep in mind that these changes will be deleted whenever the skin gets updated, so you'll have to do them again.

* I just found out this option already exists, it's on the top menu, in Add-ons -> Get Logo\Clearart: GUI Mode.
(2013-06-25, 07:57)CutSickAss Wrote: This is a weird coincidence, I just got around last night myself to fixing this for my setup... Anyway, the problem is that when you press "Get thumbs" Ace opens up "Choose Art" where it only shows the artwork available for the specific language and media type (DVD, Bluray, etc.). What you want is to open Artwork Downloader without any restrictions, so you could try changing that button or adding a new one.

NOTE: The code below is a copy-paste from Aeon Nox, I'm not making any claims I figured it out myself.

Open C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.ace\720p\DialogVideoInfo.xml

Code:
    <label>13405</label>
    </item>

Replace it with this:
Code:
    <label>13405</label>
    </item>
    <label>21452</label>
    </item>

This will add a new button next to "Get thumbs" named "Get more...". Alternatively you could replace the contents of item id="7" with the following in order to just have one button with the fixed options:
Code:
    <label>13405</label>
    </item>

Keep in mind that these changes will be deleted whenever the skin gets updated, so you'll have to do them again.

It would be worthwhile informing MQ of this little issue!
(2013-06-25, 07:57)CutSickAss Wrote: This is a weird coincidence, I just got around last night myself to fixing this for my setup... Anyway, the problem is that when you press "Get thumbs" Ace opens up "Choose Art" where it only shows the artwork available for the specific language and media type (DVD, Bluray, etc.). What you want is to open Artwork Downloader without any restrictions, so you could try changing that button or adding a new one.

Code:
    <label>13405</label>
    </item>

Replace it with this:
Code:
    <label>13405</label>
    </item>
    <label>21452</label>
    </item>

Code:
    <label>13405</label>
    </item>

Works great, thanks a lot!

One more question, nearly all of my logos and a few of my posters are in German by default, while both my laptop and XBMC have English as language (I'm Dutch). Is this just some sort of default setting, or is there some place I can change this to English?
Programs -> Press 'C' on Artwork Downloader -> Add-on Settings -> Limit Artwork -> Preferred Language -> English

This option will change the behaviour from then on. If you wish to re-download all the artwork and replace the existing ones, go to: Advanced -> Overwrite all existing artwork. Afterwards press 'OK' at the bottom, and when it comes back to the Add-ons section, press 'Enter' on Artwork Downloader for it to start.
(2013-06-26, 23:55)CutSickAss Wrote: Programs -> Press 'C' on Artwork Downloader -> Add-on Settings -> Limit Artwork -> Preferred Language -> English

This option will change the behaviour from then on. If you wish to re-download all the artwork and replace the existing ones, go to: Advanced -> Overwrite all existing artwork. Afterwards press 'OK' at the bottom, and when it comes back to the Add-ons section, press 'Enter' on Artwork Downloader for it to start.
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Options missing in 'get thumb'0