Advanced Launcher scraper issue
So sorry if this is a repost! I've been scouring the internet trying to find an answer to my problem.

Currently, Advanced Launcher fails at scraping anything for my ROMs. Info, fan art, thumbs. Nothing works. It shows up with a notification saying they are not found. I have all the scrapers set up in Add-on settings. I have triple checked that everything is set correctly and spelled correctly. I've made sure the databases in question have the ROM I'm looking for. I've made sure that the Emulator is set correctly (N64 is set to be a Nintendo 64 system, etc.).

What I've seen online is that, when I click to scrape, I should be met with a list of games (and I click the appropriate game). I don't get a list. Instead, I get a prompt to type out the title of the name. I do that, click done, and it says nothing can be found. I've tried every scaper source possible and cannot figure out what is going wrong.

I am using the most recent version of Advanced Launcher, most recent version of XBMC, and the skin Aeon Nox. (I have tried changing back to the default skin and that didn't solve it).

Somebody help! This is a HUGE issue for me and it's driving me nuts!
(2013-06-25, 06:12)chrissyface618 Wrote: So sorry if this is a repost! I've been scouring the internet trying to find an answer to my problem.

Currently, Advanced Launcher fails at scraping anything for my ROMs. Info, fan art, thumbs. Nothing works. It shows up with a notification saying they are not found. I have all the scrapers set up in Add-on settings. I have triple checked that everything is set correctly and spelled correctly. I've made sure the databases in question have the ROM I'm looking for. I've made sure that the Emulator is set correctly (N64 is set to be a Nintendo 64 system, etc.).

What I've seen online is that, when I click to scrape, I should be met with a list of games (and I click the appropriate game). I don't get a list. Instead, I get a prompt to type out the title of the name. I do that, click done, and it says nothing can be found. I've tried every scaper source possible and cannot figure out what is going wrong.

I am using the most recent version of Advanced Launcher, most recent version of XBMC, and the skin Aeon Nox. (I have tried changing back to the default skin and that didn't solve it).

Somebody help! This is a HUGE issue for me and it's driving me nuts!
Please, first post the content of your launchers.xml file, so we can give you support. A actually suspect to things :
  • The files extension indicated into your N64 launcher do not correspond to your rom files extension.
  • You already made a "scan for new item", and you try now to re-scrap these items right scraper parameters but using the same option. It will not work. You need to clear the list, and then perform a "scan for new items".
Also for each scraper must be configurated as follow :
  • Collecting method : Scrapers
  • Import mode : automatic or semi-automatic
  • Overwrite existing files : True
  • Ignore scraped titles : False
I tried your suggestions and nothing worked. Here's a link to the xml: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7990...nchers.xml

The other emulartors (non N64) had the ROM thumbs and fanart added manually.
Seems that N64 items have thumbs and fanarts images. For example :

Code:
<filename>E:\Games\Emulators\N64\ROMS\007 - The World is Not Enough.z64</filename>
<thumb>E:\Games\Emulators\N64\ROMS\007 - The World is Not Enough_thumb.jpg</thumb>
<fanart>E:\Games\Emulators\N64\ROMS\007 - The World is Not Enough_fanart.jpg</fanart>

Does these JPG files are really present on your E:\Games\Emulators\N64\ROMS\ directory?
Items information seems not have been scraped. Which scraper have you used for data?
I switched back to the default skin and it appears to be working. Any idea why it wouldn't work with my current skin (Aeon Nox) or is that a question for them? Alternatively, is there a skin you recommend?
(2013-06-25, 23:30)chrissyface618 Wrote: I switched back to the default skin and it appears to be working. Any idea why it wouldn't work with my current skin (Aeon Nox) or is that a question for them? Alternatively, is there a skin you recommend?
I don't know. Maybe there is a display problem with Aeon Nox. And yes, It will be better to contact them directly. Concerning a skin to recommend with Advanced launcher : Cirrus Extended v3 is the skin that integrate the more complete support of Advanced Launcher.
Switching skins fixed the issue. However, now there is a new issue. Whenever I try to launch a ROM from Advanced Launcher I get "attempt to open file failed"

I have tried clearing the list and rescanning, as well as removing the Emulator entirely and starting from scratch.
(2013-06-26, 03:51)chrissyface618 Wrote: Switching skins fixed the issue. However, now there is a new issue. Whenever I try to launch a ROM from Advanced Launcher I get "attempt to open file failed"

I have tried clearing the list and rescanning, as well as removing the Emulator entirely and starting from scratch.
The error message appear into XBMC or into the emulator?
Into the emulator. When I open a ROM outside of XBMC it opens just fine.
(2013-06-26, 04:05)chrissyface618 Wrote: Into the emulator. When I open a ROM outside of XBMC it opens just fine.
So the problem is not related to Advanced Launcher, but into the way you use it. You must have something wrong into : the launcher arguments (wrong parameter) or the path of your files (unquoted or wrong path) or into your emulator setup (no bios file, wrong roms directory, etc...). Would be great to have more information than just "try to launch a ROM".
When I open up Advanced Launcher and navigate to an emulator, everything works fine. I click a specific game to play it and Project64 opens with that error "attempt to open file failed."

I hadn't changed the location of the ROMS or any associated files. I also did not change any of the arguments. I tried deleting the Emulator and starting over from the beginning. Creating a launcher, setting up the filetype and arguments as before. Then I scan for items and all the metadata is now working fine. But I still get the error every time.

My arguments are set to %rom%

If I close XBMC and just open a ROM from the folder (double click to launch) it opens up in Project64 no problem.
Depending wich version of Project64 you are using the argument is different. http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti...64#Windows
Try both solutions.
Adding the quotes did it! ("%rom%")

Thank you so much for all your help with this!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Launcher scraper issue0