App problems only on android, iOS works fine
apologies if this has been covered already but I couldn't find a solution after a good deal of searching.

I have Openelec installed on an aspire revo. I have been using it for a long time with the iOS app on both an iPad and iPhones with no problems.

I recently got an android tablet and phone which I installed the official app onto but i've not managed to get either to work.

To clarify, i can get the remote to work but I cant get the library to show up, i get the following error why i try to connect: Exception - Method Not Found

the settings are identical to those in the iOS app so I'm really confused.

Chris
Try YATSE remote, the current status of the official android remote is dismal to say the least.
(2013-06-26, 02:06)skabyss Wrote: Try YATSE remote, the current status of the official android remote is dismal to say the least.

I've tried Yatse as well and still no luck with it either. It doesn't recognise the server automatically and when I try to enter everything manually it says "error getting version. Is it really XBMC that use the configured port?"

i've tried entering both the host name and its ip address. Its using port 80. I have tried it with and without user/password

I just don't understand why iOS and the web apps work fine but the android apps don't.
Well I guess you have AdBlock installed on your phone or something similar that locks some JSON commands with it's buggy proxy Smile (As explained in Yatse FAQ Smile )
Also, try a port rather than 80. I had issues the other day connecting to a system on that port, but changed it to 8080 and it worked fine. There may be another application using that port or could be blocked by a firewall as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
App problems only on android, iOS works fine0