Is it possible to add more than 5 Shortcut tiles in Confluence xbmc?
Is it possible to add more than 5 shortcut tiles under video in xbmc. There is space below it so why not leverage all what we've got?
Going into Add-ons decreases the experience.

Appreciate anyone's help
Yes, I need to find out if this is possible also. I want my parents to use the HTPC however, they won't know where to find the add-ons. If I could add multiple add-on shortcuts on the homepage it would be easier for them.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2013-06-27, 17:27)djbabu Wrote: Yes, I need to find out if this is possible also. I want my parents to use the HTPC however, they won't know where to find the add-ons. If I could add multiple add-on shortcuts on the homepage it would be easier for them.

If all you're after is easy access to the list of video add-ons, you can simply create a favourite for the "Video add-ons" option and, using a skin that supports this capability, create a home page menu shortcut to this favourite. This shortcut appears as a home page menu option and selecting it will display all the currently installed video add-ons.
(2013-06-28, 00:10)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2013-06-27, 17:27)djbabu Wrote: Yes, I need to find out if this is possible also. I want my parents to use the HTPC however, they won't know where to find the add-ons. If I could add multiple add-on shortcuts on the homepage it would be easier for them.

If all you're after is easy access to the list of video add-ons, you can simply create a favourite for the "Video add-ons" option and, using a skin that supports this capability, create a home page menu shortcut to this favourite. This shortcut appears as a home page menu option and selecting it will display all the currently installed video add-ons.

Thank you, I will try that.
Confluence seems to have ample space on the bottom. Is there an XML tweak that can enable this?
this modified version of confluence offers a lot of options for adding whatever you want to the home screen.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160184
I see the modified version. It adds a lot of features but does not have more than 5 tiles of shortcut. Is there a way to modify the current virgin skin to enable more than 5 tiles for shortcut?

In my view finding a way to add more than 5 add-ons (either as shortcuts or to a sub-menu), though very useful in itself, shall never be the solution to the problem as long as there are so many add-ons for the same task or type of tasks, and therefore the need is not for showing an additional 2 or 3 or 4 but 12 or 13 or 14 add-ons. At this range, the correct solution is a add-ons panel (widget), such as existed if I remember correctly for Confluence Lite Customizable for Eden.

Now to the different, but equally justified, request for comparison among different skins. I think one should not overdo it: be content to start with Confluence, then---perhaps---move on.

As for myself I have little to admire in other skins, therefore I would stick with Confluence. But if I had to look at other skins I would admire the following two things:

(1) Widgets, especially the ability to collect add-on shortcuts in panels. Think of a home screen section with a panel containing all news-related add-ons, a customized home screen item menu pointing to pertinent smart playlists, and perhaps an appropriate background. The same for Live TV, Documentaries, Anime, etc etc. All that can be done with the existing three flavors of customizable Confluence --- except for the panels, which if I remember correctly were once implemented in Confluence Lite Customizable for Eden.

(2) The ability to show for a video file displayed in library mode's title node every metadata contained in the respective nfo file, not just a selection of it. So if you have a movie categorized under 3 or 4 distinct genres (something which is not rare at all) all four genres display under the movie title, together with year, director, and so on. Information at your fingertip.

Is there a way to add you upnp folder to a shortcut title?
(2013-08-23, 00:49)jjmucker Wrote: Is there a way to add you upnp folder to a shortcut title?

Not with the default skin, but with one of the mods or a different skin where you can add a shortcut to a favorite on the home page.
do you know which mods? Im running a Gbox midnight so dont want to chance trying to run something like Aeon MQ4 or something.
Thanks
You can try the one linked in post #6 above.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
(2013-06-26, 05:06)navigates Wrote: Is it possible to add more than 5 shortcut tiles under video in xbmc. There is space below it so why not leverage all what we've got?
Going into Add-ons decreases the experience.

Appreciate anyone's help

I'm not sure if it was already posted, but use CONFLUENCE++ !
It has room for seven icons in each section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to add more than 5 Shortcut tiles in Confluence xbmc?0