Zotac ZBOX AD04 - First HTPC
Thinking about going for this to run XBMC via OpenELEC with optical audio out and controlled by a Harmony One remote.

Zotac ZBOX AD04-B AMD E-450 with M1 Chipset
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Laptop Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V
SANDISK ULTRA PLUS SSD 64GB

Any comments before I pull the trigger?

Edit: Went ahead and purchased, comes tomorrow
Damn it, just read that my Harmony One isnt compatible with the included IR receiver. Which IR receiver do I need to buy? (Im in the UK)
I have the same AD-04 AMD, OpenELEC etc. my IR works fine with my setup.
(2013-06-26, 16:27)shedrock Wrote: I have the same AD-04 AMD, OpenELEC etc. my IR works fine with my setup.

Thanks pal, so you use the Harmony One with the standard IR receiver that comes with the AD04?

One more question too - how do I update the BIOS on the AD04 after installing OpenELEC? The BIOS update on Zotac's website appears to be just for Windows?
I never had to do any of that.

Besides the remote issue, what other issues are you having that would require you to update the BIOS?
Thank you.

My Zotac comes tomorrow, just trying to prepare. Thought it would be best practice to update BIOS before I then install OpenELEC?
I guess you should be able to do it but I never bothered.
@shedrock, have you tried streaming HD movies(~30 Mbps) from NAS? Can it handle it smoothly? Thx
I have no issues at all. The only time I have a small hiccup is when I am moving files across the network while watching a movie. Other than that, no issues.
@oHUTCHYo how did it all go in the end? Did you get everything up and working? Did it work with your Harmony remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX AD04 - First HTPC0