Is there a way to disable auto commercial skipping in the cmyth addon?
Is there a way to semi-manually skip ads - i.e. skip automatically to the end of the ads, but only if the skip button is pressed?

I don't want the myth addon to skip on its own. Is there a way to configure this?
Hey mate,

I don't have an answer to your question, or maybe I do.

My question is: how do you ENABLE auto advert skipping? Mine does not automatically skip.

What version of XBMC and cmyth are you currently using? (I'll check mine later and let you know)
I think you need to be running Gotham (currently in alpha) for commercial skipping to work, on RPi, at least.

I also figured out a workaround for the other issue. There is an entry you can add to advancedsettings to delay the autoskip. I just delayed it a lot. see:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsett...#.3Cedl.3E
I too was frustrated with the sometimes inaccurate commercial detection of MythTV, particularly toward the end of shows, which ended up dropping me back to the Kodi interface after skipping the last portion of the show. This was maddening. I wonder why there is no setting to disable the automatic skipping of commercial breaks in Kodi as they are not as precise as one would like.

I tried the commbreakautowait setting to delay the autoskip 5 minutes (300 sec); but it only seems to work for up to 5 sec in Helix and Isengard. Fortunately, after much frustration, I happened to try mincommbreaklength, setting it to 300 (5 minutes). This basically removes all commercial breaks shorter than 5 minutes. If your commercial breaks are longer, you may want to try a longer setting. It worked like a charm, and leaves the scene markers in place with which to skip commercials manually if desired. The best part is that if there are no more scene markers in the show, it will not skip and take you to the end of the show. This is pretty much the behavior of the Mythfrontend; and I think it will pass muster with my wife.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to disable auto commercial skipping in the cmyth addon?0