Movie categorys gone (Frodo 12.2)
Hi!

Before when I went to movies from home menu i had a lot of categorys to choose from (Genre, Country, Year, Actor etc) but now its gone and it skips
straight to movies. Is there some way to get categorys back?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Click the parent link ( .. ) at the top of the page where the movie titles are listed.

Or, from the home page, select: VIDEOS > Library > Movies
(2013-06-28, 01:05)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Click the parent link ( .. ) at the top of the page where the movie titles are listed.

Or, from the home page, select: VIDEOS > Library > Movies

Thanks!

Yeah I know thats how I always use to do but now its just go back to home page again.
Are you saying the following?
  1. Click MOVIES on home page and list of movie titles is displayed
  2. Click parent link ( .. ) at top of page and home page is displayed, rather than categories such as Actors, Genres, etc.
If so, what do you see when you select: VIDEOS > Library > Movies ?
Yes @ 1 and 2. Its the same way if I go thru VIDEOS > Library > Movies.
(2013-06-28, 01:35)sopAn Wrote: Its the same way if I go thru VIDEOS > Library > Movies.

Does this navigation path display the list of movie titles or the categories (Genre, Actor, etc.)? If it's the former, then do the following:
  1. Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC
  2. Return to the home page and navigate VIDEOS > Library > Movies
  3. Press "S" to display the shutdown menu and select Exit to close XBMC.
  4. Locate your debug log (wiki) and upload it to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here.
It will list the movies.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32669
Your debug log doesn't indicate that you had followed the navigation path I'd outlined above. Do the following:
  1. On the home page, press the right/left arrow key until the VIDEOS menu option is highlighted
  2. Press the down arrow key to enter the Videos submenu, which has the options: Files, Library, Add-ons
  3. Press the right/left arrow keys until the Library option is highlighted
  4. Press ENTER
  5. You should now see a page that has options such as: Movies, TV shows, ... Files, Playlists, Video Add-ons
  6. Highlight the "Movies" option on this page and press ENTER. What do you see displayed?
  7. If you still see the list of movie titles displayed instead of the categories, then upload a new debug log (wiki)
Okey. Thanks for allt the help. Here is the new log http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32755
Did you perform step #6 of my previous post and select the "Movies" option after selecting VIDEOS/Library? That action should look something like this in the log, but I don't see it in yours:
Code:
DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (library://video/movies/)

Also, what do you see displayed when you perform step #6?
Yes I did step 6. When I do step 6 its jumps to movie list :S
Select/click the VIDEOS option on the home page and then press the left arrow to display the slide-out menu. Is the "Flatten" option enabled? If so, disable that option. Retry all the previous navigation scenarios and see if you can now access the categories.
That was it! Thanks Smile Had xbmc for more than 2 years and still did a rookie mistake like that Confused[/u]
(2013-06-28, 02:28)artrafael Wrote: Your debug log doesn't indicate that you had followed the navigation path I'd outlined above. Do the following:
  1. On the home page, press the right/left arrow key until the VIDEOS menu option is highlighted
  2. Press the down arrow key to enter the Videos submenu, which has the options: Files, Library, Add-ons
  3. Press the right/left arrow keys until the Library option is highlighted
  4. Press ENTER
  5. You should now see a page that has options such as: Movies, TV shows, ... Files, Playlists, Video Add-ons
  6. Highlight the "Movies" option on this page and press ENTER. What do you see displayed?
  7. If you still see the list of movie titles displayed instead of the categories, then upload a new debug log (wiki)

Hi, I came here with kind of the same problem ... and from my home screen when the VIDEOS menu option is highlighted, the submenu only has Files, Add-ons. No entries for Movies, TV Shows, etc.

Also in the Confluence settings for Videos there are options for "Hide - Movies (Videos - Library)" and "Hide TV shows (Videos - Library)" and neither are selected but both are greyed out, un-selectable right now.

Any ideas what might be wrong? I really liked starting up into the recently added Movies view.

This happened when I upgraded from 12.1 to 12.2.

Here's a debug.log http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=34358
Welcome to the XBMC forums, jg3jg3.

If you don't have the MOVIES and TV SHOWS options on your home page, then you don't have your media files scanned into your library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie categorys gone (Frodo 12.2)0