Movie Scrape Fails
I am trying to scrape a bunch of movies with Ember (the latest, .13) and it finds the movies almost always (309 out of 329). Of the 20 it couldn't find, only 1 is a "true movie" but the rest are documentaries or Pixar shorts or stuff like that. Every single one is listed in IMDB, and I have the titles and years correct.

Sometimes I am dumbfounded why a movie is not found by Ember, and I'm wondering what I can do, if anything, to improve my odds.

For instance, I have "One Man Band", a Pixar short from 2005. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479113/ - which says "One Man Band" with the year 2005. It's in a directory called "One Man Band (2005)" and the file name is "One Man Band (2005).mkv". Yet Ember thinks it's "One Man Band" from 1965, and the list of 6 partial matches does not contain the version I have.

So, in the end, is there *anything* I can do to improve the find rate? Might I be missing some setting?

(Yes, this is a good hit rate, but I have over 1000 movies to go, and it's quite time consuming because Ember stops scraping once it hits a movie that it can't find.)
Custom .nfo.
Most scrapers have some sort of freak-out ratio.
My Boxee has a native scraper that is good, but it misses some obvious ones too.

Just scrape, put the IMDB # in the .nfo and let it roll. Lock it, and you're good.
If have a dim memory of a discussion on this forum about the difference between normal movies and short movies in the imdb. It seems that the search ember uses only looks up normal movies, no short movies. In a previous version it was different which lead to a lot of result for each search because every documentation and every behind the scenes movie for a real movie was found.
@McButton - getting the IMDB ID and changing the movie ensures that Ember will find it and fill it out. The real problem is that on a ReScrape Automatic, Ember stops scraping every time it can't find a movie. I was hoping to avoid these stops.

@grumbler - that makes sense, since it seems to be just what I am seeing. "Normal" movies are fine. Shorts and documentaries almost always fail.
For the example given above
I have all those short films (13) and scrap them as a TV-Show, all is found and named correctly
Hmmm. That might be a great solution for those Pixar shorts. And it makes me wonder if the others would be found as TV shows...
The names must of course follow the name convention for TV-Shows and the episodes number can be found here http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=81251&lid=7
Or you could do as I have, and create your own nfo's with Ember like this sample. I then use Ember to auto scrape only metadata.

I don't like these movie Shorts in TV Shows, but prefer them as movie sets, so it's worth it to spend the extra time.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id />
  <title>Pixar: Monsters Inc - Mikes New Car</title>
  <originaltitle>Pixar: Monsters Inc - Mikes New Car</originaltitle>
  <year>2002</year>
  <releasedate>08/09/2012</releasedate>
  <country>USA</country>
  <genre>Animation</genre>
  <genre>Children</genre>
  <genre>Family</genre>
  <genre>Short</genre>
  <studio>Pixar Animation Studios</studio>
  <outline>When Mike (from "Monsters Inc.") shows Sulley his new six-wheel drive car, everything that can go wrong does.</outline>
  <plot>Mike has a surprise for his pal Sullivan: Mike's gotten a new car, one with six-wheel drive. He invites Sullivan to hop in and they'll go for a spin. At that point, problems arise: first Sullivan's cramped, then Mike has a seat belt problem, gets locked out, and suffers indignities before Sullivan figures out how to unlock the car to let him back in. All sorts of gadgets misfire, until finally Mike has the car in gear, ready to roll. What was it again that was wrong with his old car?
DVD Release Date: November 6, 2007</plot>
  <runtime>3</runtime>
  <actor>
    <name>Billy Crystal</name>
    <role>Mike</role>
    <thumb />
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>John Goodman</name>
    <role>Sulley</role>
    <thumb />
  </actor>