Ouya high bitrate playback
I just got my Ouya yesterday and tried the latest Gotham nightly and the libstagefright build and neither one can play my full bd mkv rips. Gotham nightly is really bad with a constant stutter and the libstagefright builds plays alright but every 2 seconds the screen flashes a weird jarbled image. I was just wondering if it is going to be possible to even play high bitrate hd rips on the Ouya at some point? Am I naive to think that eventually this little android box will be able to play these files? I'm not too concerned because I bought it as a living room device for playing emulators and streaming.

Most of my files are full bd mkv rips with hd audio, I'd just like to watch the movie and have the audio down mixed to the tv speakers.
I think its a network issue atm. Im assuming your playing them over network? I'm using the same build and playing over network is a hit or miss so I switched to local harddrive and havent had any issues.
tman, are you playing over WiFi or Ethernet??

Please post all relevant information.
Damn, getting shown whats up by a junior member. Good call Alch. I'm on Ethernet connection streaming from a Netgear ReadyNAS via NFS. Has anyone tested MX Player? The version I got force closes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya high bitrate playback0