[RELEASE] Football / Soccer (Script)
Yeah it worked!! I changed the reference of "dialog-invite.png" to "dialog-panel.png" as you advised and now I can see the stories. Happy now am I.

Bazzin! Big Grin
I think I'll still overhaul it.

As it relies on scraping the BBC site, there may be areas that might be broken now. If you could compile a list of broken (or even suggestions) I'll take them into account when I do it?

cheers
Retired from Add-on dev
Thumbs Up 
I'll have a look to see what other problems I can find, not really used it because until the fix it was pretty useless to me...

I did notice that it pulls in data that you can't access like links to "909 Have your Say" but I don't consider that to be a problem...

What sort of issues were you meaning?
One thing I did notice when testing last night is that it is difficult to quit from... sometimes the back button doesn't respond properly. Might be an idea to add a quit button or something...?

If I spot anything else I will post, but it's still a really usable and useful script :cool2:
Football v1.2 Now uploaded to XBMCScripts.com

Just intime for the season to finish... took me longer than expected as I decided to also add some extra features.

Changelog:
Fix: Problems with dialog panel backgrounds.
Fix: Broken features due to BBC site changes.
Changed: Libraries updated (MC360 support, Overscan calibration etc)
New: Leagues; Scottish Cup, Scottish League Cup, Internationals, Champions League, Uefa Cup, Womens.
New: Gossip & Rumour.
New: MainMenu option; Watch Football Focus podcast
New: MainMenu option; MOTD Interviews
New: MainMenu option; Score Interactive Interviews
New: MainMenu option; Grandstand Interviews
New: MainMenu option; 606 Debates

Please let me know if you find any issues.
Cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
This is an awesome script in itself, but I'm not a major fan of the bbc-version. I figure you won't change anything when you've come this far, but livescore.com has imo a better design, and footballresults.org seems really nice too. I couldn't fins Sweden covered in the bbc-script, maybe that's why I'm not too interested in the bbc one. Great script otherwise!!!
livescore.com is fine for a simple results service but I found the BBC site had more indepth information, such as Team Squad members profiles, Gossip, Live ScoreText right down to non league sides and good video interviews.

Are there some features of those sites that the BBC (or script) doesnt have, maybe I can added them as a bolt-on mainmenu option, like I have done for LiveSportOnTv.com ?
Retired from Add-on dev
Sorry, I now realise you were referring to more indepth 'non uk' teams.
Retired from Add-on dev
Yeah, actually I did find Sweden and the rest of Europe covered(if only extremely briefly)on bbc, but it seems you haven't added "europe" for some reason in your script.
The other europe teams didnt fit into the normal url structure, but I've altered code to accomodate them.

Also working changing script to allow selecting a DataSource, which should give better coverage of european leagues (from http://www4.soccerstand.com/ as FootballResults.org seems to redirect to it)

Also fixed Photo gallery.

Should release it soon hopefully.
Retired from Add-on dev
New v1.3 released.

Contains requested features:

1) Added European Leagues.
2) Switchable datasource between BBC and SoccerStand.com (limited to Results but covers more European leagues).

Hope that helps anyone with an interest outside of UK football.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
YEAH!!! great, I'll try it out in a bit! So great!
minor update v1.3a[b][/b] to add in several 'Cups' and extra 'Counties' (eg USA, Brazil) to datasource soccerStand.com
Retired from Add-on dev
v1.4 Now on xbmcscripts.com

Fixed several broken areas, added language and future self updating support.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Being a soccer mad brit! KUDOS!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Football / Soccer (Script)0