Play 3D inside XBMC using external player
Hi baijuxavior, do you still there??
(2013-09-13, 18:59)Lupin 3rd Wrote: This preselection window have to appear if the External player code is implemented rightHuh

Yes, that selection menu will always appear, even when using an external player.
Try the player uMCEPlayer5.exe in PlayISO.bat file.

Code:
:playiso
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" I:
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

I will post my externalplayer code when my htpc is free.
Hello,

I did the trick with playercore xml file as in post 1 for 3d movies with rule for *3DBD* in filename

The problem i have is that powerdvd now is the player for everything, even if the filename doesnt contain 3dbd in it.

What did i do wrong?

Thanx
If you have a 3D capable monitor/screen/projector, all you need to do is play the 3D file in xbmc and then hit the 3D button on the monitor/screen/projector's remote and set it to the type of 3d projection that the file is (worked for me using SBS 3D in XBMC on a 3D capable Samsung TV...the xbmc gui and menus are unuseable but you can switch the 3D off to use them)
I've just got XBMC and having exactly the same problem as AngelDust. I have the rule set up for "*3D*" but even if the file is called blah.iso it will still play using the external player. I like the internal player for 2D files so want to keep using that.
I am jumping in this discussion, because I also would like to be able to enjoy playing 3D movies in XBMC.
I have a Computer with NVIDIA graphics board tied to a big 3D screen (HDTMI). I have a collection of movies that includes a considerable amount of 3D movies (.mkv and .avi) I play using powerDVD13.
I have recently loaded my XBMX software, enjoying a lot of things but not 3D movies.

Following what I understood from reading previous messages, I have done the following:
1- Created the file Playercorefactory.xml with the following code =>
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="powerDVD13" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Programas(x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd13\powerdvd13.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename="*[3D]*" player="powerDVD13"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
2. Have placed the xml file into => C:\Users\jdelara\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
3. I have configured the video output in XBMC to use full screen window

All my movies are in separate folders. My collection of 3D movies are under one big folder named 3-D Movies (part of the XBMC library). All my 3D movies name include the wording "[3d]" as part of file-name.

The results:
When a 3D movie is selected, I have in the right click a NEW sub-menu option "PLAY USING.." with 2 choices: "powerDVD13 (default) and "DVDPlayer"
If default selected I have NOTHING!! except that the selected movie is in the now-playing list.
If DVDPlaye is selected, I see double image (left/right or top/down)

It looks like the powerDVD13 is not working.
Any ideas? Any progress on the similar issue described before?
Thanks a lot for your help!
What format are your 3d movies in?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-21, 01:30)jdelara Wrote: If default selected I have NOTHING!! except that the selected movie is in the now-playing list.
If you have not done it, you need to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Pain in the ass.... External player and 3D

I got it work with .iso and .mkv. but my problem is that all iso and mkv files opens in the external player. I only whant the use the external player for the 3D files.

i had al lot of problems with virtual clone drive, so i use Deamon tools lite for mounting, much better in my eye's

-Windows 8.1
-Powerdvd 13
-Deamon tools lite
-XBMC 12.3 frodo

my playercorefactory file:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\dennis\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>

<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3D*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And my PlayISO file:

@echo off
set /A N=0

REM - Load ISO with Deamon tools lite
:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0,%1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe" E:\
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0

E:\ is my mounting drive letter.

Maby this will help you, i use a diffrent .exe to start powerdvd.

//sorry for bad english
The movies' format I use the most is .avi and a few mkv
I just find out that just using the DVDPlayer for 3D movies, gives me a side by side image. Then I can manage to see in 3D using the TV remote.
Basically I put everything back as original.
I am done.
Thanks everybody for your help!!!
(2014-04-21, 16:47)xuter010 Wrote: Pain in the ass.... External player and 3D

I got it work with .iso and .mkv. but my problem is that all iso and mkv files opens in the external player. I only whant the use the external player for the 3D files.
Use the rules below, and name your 3d movie as this (example- SkyFall.3d). Any movie with .3d in it will playback using external player, and all other movies will playback using XBMC internal player....

<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3d." player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" filename=".*3d." player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-04-22, 02:42)jdelara Wrote: The movies' format I use the most is .avi and a few mkv
I just find out that just using the DVDPlayer for 3D movies, gives me a side by side image. Then I can manage to see in 3D using the TV remote.
I am done.
Yep that's right, Gotham 3d support goes a long way.

There are some addons floating around that will send a signal via network to your TV to switch to 3D mode when a 3D movie is played - I have seen one for LG TVs and one for Samsungs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-22, 03:59)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 02:42)jdelara Wrote: The movies' format I use the most is .avi and a few mkv
I am done.
Yep that's right, Gotham 3d support goes a long way.

There are some addons floating around that will send a signal via network to your TV to switch to 3D mode when a 3D movie is played - I have seen one for LG TVs and one for Samsungs.
I 've done it too, with the Gotham 3D support.
Then to see the 3D files in the Library, i asked this here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1599819
Hoping the team adds it to the RC ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play 3D inside XBMC using external player0