Visor, XBMC skin by bobrooney_78
can you please add 16x9 support in this skin. i think this is the best skin out there
here you can find a skin-update to cvs 09-09, should also work on 09-12:
*link removed*

the textures are unpacked in the media-folder, so you can play around with them.

changes, updates or 16x9 versions are appreciated.

greetz
visor for xbmc 1.1 is now on www.xbox-skins.net

i will not make any updates in future, so if somebody is kind enough to update the skin, it would be great.

as always: change what you want - the files are unpacked in the subfolders.
there is a bug in the settings button in the sub menu, it reboot the xbox instead of switching to the setting screen.
please take care of it.
ciao.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
(kotix @ sep. 27 2004,23:37 Wrote:there is a bug in the settings button in the sub menu, it reboot the xbox instead of switching to the setting screen.
please take care of it.
ciao.
really?

which version do you use? i tested it with 25-09 and it works (besides this bug with the black screen, which should be fixed now)
well i made my own build of 27/9/04 and downloaded yesterday the new vers of your skin.
the problem was that i couldn't go back to the other skins because i coudn't access to the settings screen, the only way was editing my settings.xml in the saves.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
(kotix @ sep. 28 2004,09:45 Wrote:well i made my own build of 27/9/04 and downloaded yesterday the new vers of your skin.
the problem was that i couldn't go back to the other skins because i coudn't access to the settings screen, the only way was editing my settings.xml in the saves.
shit, it seems the fixes in the dialogsubmenu.xml after 25-09 causes the "id" of the button to override the "hyperlink". really bad thing.

for now, i will remove visor 1.1, since i can test it with newer versions.

thank you very much for testing.
bobrooney: this is how it is meant to work, and was how it did work before a bug that was introduced in 25-09. we reverted the code shortly after. the reason it is done this way is that the window/dialog needs to know that something has been clicked so that it can (for instance) close it's dialog etc. before the hyperlink takes over.

this is due to the way that messages are handled in xbmc - they are executed on a lifo manner.

basically, just make sure the id of the buttons doesn't conflict with the "known special buttons" such as reboot, dash etc. and you'll be fine.

their ids can be found in guidialogsubmenu.cpp or guiwindowhome.cpp

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

can somebody with a cvs version >26-09 please test the submenu?

download here: *link removed*

thanks!
i've tested it and it works great now, good job!
tnx also for the font tip.
ciao. :d
tnx, kotix. :thumbsup:

visor 1.1 is now back on www.xbox-skins.net

and (hopefully) :fixed:
i forgot to tell you that maybe also the zippo have the same problem.

i had a lot of fun yesterday night playing with fonts in my skin, it's pretty easy to add ttf in the skin (tnx again :d ).
i noticed how much they take the resurce of the system, my pulsing buttons becomes slower when i use ttf instead of the default one.
do you have any idea how to make xpr fonts? any link?
the only thing i know about xpr-fonts is that there should be a fontmaker-application in the microsoft xdk, but i don't know how it looks like.
hi,

there is a little bug in your font.xml.

there is a link to common-font14c.xpr, but this font dosn´t exist.

<font>
<name>font14c</name>
<filename>common-font14c.xpr</filename>
</font>

i removed it and voila no more memory problems with your skin ,-)
thank you very much, wuslon!

i didn't see the problem Blush

anyway, it should be fixed now -> www.xbox-skins.net

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visor, XBMC skin by bobrooney_780