cases over thumbnails for recently added
I have been trying to place case covers on the images in the recently added set. The xml addition to the recently added xml is:

<control type="image">
<posx>133</posx>
<posy>94</posy>
<width>90</width>
<height>115</height>
<aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution]case.png</texture>
</control>
Where I have a set of case labels 480case,540case 576case 720case and 1080case. Now I know that if I specify a particular case it will appear but when I use the variable ListItem.VideoResolution I get nothing. Can anyone see something that I'm missing?
I find it quite handy to sometimes temporarily use my code as a label to see where I'm going wrong

eg: Find the

Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>

in your media view and substitute your code

Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution]case.png</label>

Then you'll see any problems.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

I just tried that and all I got was case.png. This would seem to indicate that I'm not getting a return from the ListItem.VideoResolution. Not sure where to go from here. I tried a lot of the
ListItem info labels - genre, duration, codec....no return on any of them. This is all in IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml in confluence
The thing is Mudislander, hardly any ListItems show up. I even tried something as simple as System.Date with no luck and even tried them as labels to see if they were being picked up. I see that you don't have a IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml in your mod so you must have at least looked at this. In any event, anyone else wanting to put clear cases or logos on their recently added movies will find a solution very helpful if you can assist
Away from home on phone. Code difficult. Use script.skin.widgets as xbmc short of info

I have the Skin Widget enabled if that is what you mean so I'm not sure if that is what you are referring to. I'll happily wait until you are home and can be more in your coding element Smile
As far as i know, and like Mudislander said, those infolabels aren't exposed to the home screen.

Use RecentEpisode.%d.VideoResolution etc. provided by skin widgets.
I'm using Confluence if that makes any difference and I'm sorry but I have no idea what to do with "RecentEpisode.%d.VideoResolution", where to find it and what to do with it
Am I asking the wrong questions here? I don't know how the widgets help in this regard nor how to get resolution info available in the home page for recently added movies, if in fact that is at all possible. Two members have now commented on this and just stopped without explaining what I need to do in language that makes sense to me. I would really appreciate it if there was a follow up.
Dude, I've been working away from home doing over 12hr night shifts for the whole week, my first day back I checked on my MOD and slept. I'm willing to help point others into the right direction, but am not interested doing line by line code for others especially impatient ones. you need to read up on service.skin.widgets and find out how to use it.

I'm sorry if it comes across as impatient. It is not the case and in any event there is no reason to be rude and presume I want line by line code! I have read through the wiki on service skin widgets and while it makes perfect sense to you, it doesn't to me. I'm not sure how it fits into the scheme of things other than providing a lot of labels. I tried them in homerecentlyadded.xml including in the labels to see if they could provide data. They didn't. I was under the impression that some information (codecs, resolution etc.) were not available in the home page. I repeat, I have the widget installed, configured (I think) and I've tried many different configurations to get something in the home screen for recently added movies. Good heavens, I only wanted to put dvd or bluray cases over them!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cases over thumbnails for recently added0