SPMC 14.1.0 Issue?
Hello! I would welcome any help and explanation for my situation.

My Gear and set-up
TV - 42" LED Full HD
Set-Box - Mygica 520E running Android version 4.2.2
Kodi - 14.1
SPMC 14.1

Usage
SPMC 14.1
Kodi not usable, opening with black screen.
Skin - default Confluence

Problem
Android settings set to output HDMI 1080P
SPMC opens nicely with Confluence home page
Movies and add-on videos unfortunately plays in windowed environment.

Workabout
Reset Android settings set to output HDMI 720P and reboot
SPMC opens nicely to home screen and movies and video add-ons now play correctly, at a resolution I am not certain of.

Further Bug
Under above workabout, there is a small vertical black band on the far right of the screen, but not almost to the top. The top bit stretches the full width of the TV screen.

I am given to understanding that Helix 14.1 has Fix: incorrect video screensize on Android AML devices. However, I am not sure if this is the case.

My question is whether this problem be rectified in the next update of Helix or in Kodi 15.0?

Thanks.

Steve
Alright. After some trials and errors, the problems I had highlighted have been resolved.

1. Updated firmware for the Mygica 520E to the latest (dated February 2015).
2. The updated firmware comes with a "Mygica Edition of Helix 14.1". I have no idea what's different.
3. Found out that Kodi was launching into a black screen because of an apparent conflict with an installed SU# Super User App running on Android. Removing that App resolved the launch issue.
4. Running this edition of Helix 14.1 allows the resolution settings inside Android to be set to auto output, in this case 1080p.
5. Videos are now playing without any vertical black banding, and in correct screen size.

Hopefully its helpful for some with similar issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC 14.1.0 Issue?0