• 81(current)
Support Thread for libstagefright
I acknowledge the issue, but it's quite hard to debug. Might be a memory leak...
Working on it.
don't post logs on the forum!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I also have the stuttering issue after 50-60 minutes of playback of a 720p MKV (4.1 scene profile). This isnt present in the early versions (builds of begin of august). although I havent looked in logs etc it kinda feels like a buffer space gets full and it starts stuttering processing buffered frames orso. I am on the exact same device as you, a minix x5 with lewy custom rom.
I have been having issues with certain H264 blu ray rips. Using both the official OUYA xbmc app and the Gotham Alphas, all with hardware encoding via libstagefright enabled.

Some videos play perfectly fine, while others have this multicolored artifact thing going on that takes up the whole screen, and the video also stutters. I dont get it because both are H264. When I disable the hardware decoding, the weird color thing is gone and the video looks normal, but it of course stutters like crazy and is unwatchable. Also get stuttering with some VC1 encoded bluray rips.

Is there some other setting that I should be using? Is this normal?

Thanks
Video 
Hi, I have XBMC 13.0 ALPHA8 with libstagefright. The device is Jesurun DX05, RockChip RK3188 based quadcore 2GB ram using Lewy20041.

The hardware acceleration is working, both 1080p and 720p. However, I have been testing some extreme quality video
(Samsung Oceanic Demo, h264@high, 40Mbps) and there have been notable stuttering and frame dropping. The device
has also RockPlayer preinstalled which plays the very same video fluently without any frame drop (can't confirm there is no
drop at all because the RockPlayer doesn't have any diagnostics info but it is completely fluid to the eye compared to XBMC
where, even without the codec info, the drop is obvious).

I would like to add that the drop doesn't occur throughout the whole video, but only the parts which are rendering-intensive.
(For example, at the very beggining of the video there is a animated logo intro, which plays fluently and doesn't drop)

To rule out network-related problem, I have played the video from Corsair USB3 flash stick doing 220MB/s reading speed.

I know that usually movies don't come in this kind of high quality, but since I have confirmed that the device is able
to play this kind of video using the hardware rendering in RockPlayer, I wonder how I can make this possible in the
XBMC as well, it would be shame not to squeeze the full potential of such powerfull device (It can even run Windows 98
in Dosbox Turbo Smile)

If anyone was interested to download the video, it is hugely available on the Internet, just search Samsung Oceanic Demo.
It is a 480MB MKV.

Thanks for any info regarding this, maybe a tweak in advancedsettings? I am aware of the external player option, however
that would ruin the XBMC experience for me, because the RockPlayer is otherwise terrible.
Well, obviously RockPlayer is optimised for Rockchip AND they have the docs to do so.
XBMC is a multi-platform / muti-soc software. You cannot objectively compare the two on the edges Wink
Yeah, I understand that.

I am just driven by this urge to make everything perfect on my new device Smile)
Maybe it's a libstagefright related thing, since XBMC uses that to hw accelerate,
does XBMC team develop it as well, or is it cooperation with another team?
Well its nice to know I'm not the only one this problem has disturbed. It does no good to use this Rom with this problem unless I'm watching a 30 minute video.

Yes the same movie I am struggling with plays fine when downloaded to a hard drive. I have ruled out bad files this way, I have experienced the 50 minute frame skipping in no less than 20 movies out of 20 movies. I have the same box with a 720 Rom and the stable version of xbmc they all play fine except a very slight stuttering that can be lived with, its when I choose libstagefright that it does this but it skips throughout the entire movie if I uncheck libstagefright. Its like damned if you do, damned if you don't. Pick your poison, it all sucks, I'm getting tired of screwing around with these quad core androids, there has to be a better way, its not like I'm broke and have money restrictions. I want a box that works with xbmc, or I want xbmc that works with a box. Apple tv doesn't do this crap, I don't know why someone can't make an android and xbmc version that actually plays something without stuttering.
Hi, I have one question.

I tried to search for some info before ask here, but I was not able to get a clear answer anywhere.
The question is simple. Is this libstagefright version of XBMC supports GK802 device? (CPU: Quad-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9, GPU: Vivante GC2000)
I'm not sure how to check is this device supports libstagefright. When I install the XBMC on the device, when playing there is sound but the image is a mess.
Still, the device is capable of playing 1080 video smoothly with other android players.

So, is this libstagefright is not supported by this device, or I'm missing something else?
And, if I want to buy a different mini Android PC device, what to check in its specifications to see is this device supports libstagefright?
(2013-10-24, 15:13)gkrystev Wrote: Hi, I have one question.

I tried to search for some info before ask here, but I was not able to get a clear answer anywhere.
The question is simple. Is this libstagefright version of XBMC supports GK802 device? (CPU: Quad-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9, GPU: Vivante GC2000)
I'm not sure how to check is this device supports libstagefright. When I install the XBMC on the device, when playing there is sound but the image is a mess.
Still, the device is capable of playing 1080 video smoothly with other android players.

So, is this libstagefright is not supported by this device, or I'm missing something else?
And, if I want to buy a different mini Android PC device, what to check in its specifications to see is this device supports libstagefright?

Very good question, I am looking forward to the answer to this
Please do not forget that in latest nightlies, MediaCodec is used by default and not libstagefright.
You can enable/disable each one in the "Video-Playback" settings (if the those settings do not show, please adjust the settings level) and report in the proper thread.

On the GK802 subject, I don't have one so I have no idea.
(2013-10-25, 13:12)Koying Wrote: Please do not forget that in latest nightlies, MediaCodec is used by default and not libstagefright.
You can enable/disable each one in the "Video-Playback" settings (if the those settings do not show, please adjust the settings level) and report in the proper thread.
Is this still true? I tried a nightly the other day and it looks like libstagefright was now put before the MediaCodec option and video ran fine on my MK808B with both libstagefright and MediaCodec enabled. Either they fixed MediaCodec on the RK3066 or libstagefright goes first, al least it seems so to me.
xbmc.log will tell.
(2013-10-25, 13:12)Koying Wrote: Please do not forget that in latest nightlies, MediaCodec is used by default and not libstagefright.

On the GK802 subject, I don't have one so I have no idea.

In my case, libstagefright was enabled. When disabled, the picture is fine, but the frame rate is terrible. What can I do to check why the picture is broken when libstagefright is enabled?
Please start by attaching xbmc.log.
Having a screenshot of the "messy" picture will help, too.
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Thread for libstagefright6