• 91(current)
Support Thread for libstagefright
(2014-02-19, 12:10)hybridmag Wrote: Any support for allwinner a10 hardware?
No, and neither for A20. There are builds floating around the web, but their authors never cared to make a PR for inclusion.
Koying, what's the status of interlaced content playback?
(2014-02-17, 23:05)Juanjo Wrote: @Koying

Mr Koying, i have recently detected some weird behaviour while playing a set of files, mostly 720p bdrips, it is possible it's related to libstagefright, but i cant say for sure...

I have 2 philips ledtv... and a rk3188 tablet, both tvs display horizontal bands with discoloring, and i can see the bands changing every 1 second, as if a keyframe changed the bands somehow. Playing the same files in the tablet using hardware decoding, show the exact same bands, the same discoloring... the tablet does this if i use xbmc with hw decoding enabled, or MX player or internal player... if I switch to software decoding it plays perfect... as in my PC or xbmcbuntu.

this makes me think my philips tv and my tablet share something in common.. .maybe its ARM related, maybe its libstagefright?... i dont know for sure.

this problem happens with a lot of the files i have, all ripped in the same way, it does not happens with other files.

is it possible the files are not encoded according to x264 standards or in a weirder case, which i doubt, arm hw decoding has a bug, and this particular way of encoding those files triggers it ?

anyone else reported something similar ?

Juanjo

I have this same problem on my Ouya with some of my BD Rips to MKVs with the banding while others completely pixelate play clear for a second and pixelate again. Others still play just fine. All of my BD rips are done through MakeMKV. I pull off the dts-ma audio track on the ones with it. The BDs with dolby true HD i pull that audio track and the DD 5.1 audio track as well. For the video I just pull the movies and they average 20 - 40 GB. I have them stored on a 8TB synology NAS. The MKVs play fine on my windows XBMC machine and also on my Raspberry PI raspbmc all through the same ethernet connection. The MKVs have the issue on my Ouya again connected to the same ethernet connection. I have tried the SPMC, Ouya Store version, and nightly Gotham build of XBMC. When i disable libstagefright the banding and pixelation go away but with no hardware acceleration the video is very slow almost like running in slow motion. This leads me to believe that it may be a problem with libstagefright decoding. I have turned on debugging and linking to the debug output (http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=134882).

Thanks
Techhead33
Device:
Nook Color
OMAP 3621 (aka ARMv7 rev 2 v7l, aka Cortex A8) CPU
PowerVR SGX 530 GPU

Software:
CyanogenMod 10.2.1-encore
Android 4.3.1
Kernel 3.0.8-g080f0e5

XBMC:
Gotham nightly 13.0-ALPHA12 20140218-f6f539a
Skin: Touched
MediaCodec disabled, Libstagefright enabled
All other settings default after a fresh installation.

Log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=135201

Steps:
Start XBMC
Select Videos>Files>sdcard1>Downloads
Play "Fun.- We Are Young.mp4"

Problem:
Spinner appears, never stops spinning, video never starts

If I disable both libstagefright and mediacodec, I can actually start playing any of my media files (though on anything greater than SD it grinds to a halt shortly). I can't see obvious errors in the log, but you can see the timestamp jump at the end -- it never really 'starts'. I'd love a "this will start working soon" answer, but will settle for a "this will never work because XYZ" (e.g. OMAP3 never going to be supported, or Huh)
Very nice, but still MTK hardware is not supported. Shame.
(2014-02-22, 18:41)giaur Wrote: Very nice, but still MTK hardware is not supported. Shame.

Were you referring to my Nook Color? I didn't think it was a MTK SoC, but as I researched what the innards were I learned that they're often known by many different names (OMAP, Cortex, ARM 7, etc). I didn't think it was MTK though?
Sorry for joining late to the party here but is there a way to make libstagefright the default for some codecs and mediacodec the default for others. I am constantly having to switch mediacodec on and off on my rk3188 device. I find libstagefright to be the only option needed accept for a few older xvid 480p shows I have.
no, we prefer to resolve the issues than work around them.
(2014-02-20, 20:27)Techhead33 Wrote:

Mr Koying, i have recently detected some weird behaviour while playing a set of files, mostly 720p bdrips, it is possible it's related to libstagefright, but i cant say for sure...

I have 2 philips ledtv... and a rk3188 tablet, both tvs display horizontal bands with discoloring, and i can see the bands changing every 1 second, as if a keyframe changed the bands somehow. Playing the same files in the tablet using hardware decoding, show the exact same bands, the same discoloring... the tablet does this if i use xbmc with hw decoding enabled, or MX player or internal player... if I switch to software decoding it plays perfect... as in my PC or xbmcbuntu.

this makes me think my philips tv and my tablet share something in common.. .maybe its ARM related, maybe its libstagefright?... i dont know for sure.

this problem happens with a lot of the files i have, all ripped in the same way, it does not happens with other files.

is it possible the files are not encoded according to x264 standards or in a weirder case, which i doubt, arm hw decoding has a bug, and this particular way of encoding those files triggers it ?

Juanjo

I have this same problem on my Ouya with some of my BD Rips to MKVs with the banding while others completely pixelate play clear for a second and pixelate again. Others still play just fine. All of my BD rips are done through MakeMKV. I pull off the dts-ma audio track on the ones with it. The BDs with dolby true HD i pull that audio track and the DD 5.1 audio track as well. For the video I just pull the movies and they average 20 - 40 GB. I have them stored on a 8TB synology NAS. The MKVs play fine on my windows XBMC machine and also on my Raspberry PI raspbmc all through the same ethernet connection. The MKVs have the issue on my Ouya again connected to the same ethernet connection. I have tried the SPMC, Ouya Store version, and nightly Gotham build of XBMC. When i disable libstagefright the banding and pixelation go away but with no hardware acceleration the video is very slow almost like running in slow motion. This leads me to believe that it may be a problem with libstagefright decoding. I have turned on debugging and linking to the debug output (http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=134882).

Thanks
Techhead33

Hi TechHead

I did some more digging on this, playing a buncho of files and comparing their encoding info, and realized the files with the problems are really AVC [email protected] encodes, could you check your files and confirm ?

thanks
Juanjo
Philips 32PFL6606D
Intel N3150 fanless + 4Gb DDR3 + SSD 64Gb + 3TB+3TB WD RED
Hama MCE remote.
Ubuntu 18.04 minimal install + KODI
Hey Juanjo,

I have pulled the information for one of my movies The Amazing Spiderman 2012. The format is [email protected] and not hi10 (I believe this format is for Anime) :
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 2h 16mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Language : English
Default : No
Forced : No
ok, it beats me, i have some [email protected] files and they play fine.. i have problem with the hi10 files... and for what i have read, currently there are no arm core based processors that can decode hi10 files in hardware. so i assume its not a libstagefright problem as I thought... sorry for hijacking the thread.

Juanjo
Philips 32PFL6606D
Hama MCE remote.

Juanjo

I think I am experiencing the same problems on my new refurbished ouya purchased from gamestop for $70. I thought I had a dud but maybe not. Here is a video clip of what I am experiencing with hardware acceleration activated:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2983...EO0005.mp4

Is this the same thing?

I have a pioneer monitor and panasonic plasma and it is happening on both Tvs. I have noticed that if you put the same clip/movie in an ISO, it plays fine or if you transcode it using h264 it will play fine. Its just the raw remux that wont play properly. I am about to rip all my blu rays so I hope there's an answer soon. I wanted to go all mkv.
my playback is not that bad, you could watch the movie, there might be random greeish blocks but small ones, not half screen blocks like your video.. check with some tool, like mediainfo, if the file is encoded using avc hi10
Philips 32PFL6606D
Hama MCE remote.
Device:
Odroid U2

Software:
Android 4.1.2
Kernel 3.0.51

XBMC:
XBMC 13.0-BETA1 Git:20140303-128426f

Log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=144253

Issue:
Crashes application when playing Live TV (mpeg-2 from tvheadend on raspbmc) when either MedicaCodec or Libstagefright is enabled (Or both).
In the log I tried:
1) Both enabled - crash
2) MedicaCodec enabled only - crash
3) Libstagefright enabled only - crash
4) Both disabled - Plays pretty well using ff-mpeg except the edges of objects occasionally have ridges.

MediaCodec seems to work great for playing local h264 files but I can't leave it on because of the MPEG-2 crash.

Any plans to work on MPEG-2 hardware decode for Odroid U2 (Exynos4412)?

Thanks in advance for all you guys do. I'll be glad to provide additional information to help.
We need the log were the app crashes, ie the "old" one.
Actually, preferably, we need a logcat, as the xbmc log doesn't tell us much about the crash itself.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Thread for libstagefright6