• 38(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
Okay, Chrome says "Failed - Server problem".
Log says
19:26:22 T:3152 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /vfs/smb%3a%2f%2fnas%2fvideos%2ftv%2fThe%20Simpsons%2fSeason%201%2f01x01%20Simpsons%2%E2%80%8B0Roasting%20on%20an%20Open%20Fire.mkv

And yes, that is the only line which appears about this download.

When I chose stream and open the downloaded file with VLC it requests an authentication
http://i.imgur.com/kZxiuOZ.jpg

I tried NAS credentials and HTPC login credentials. Both doesn't work.

-------------------
http://pastebin.com/BhnqPt8u

src>protected>messages>de>TVShows.php
updated version.

--------------------
I tried changing my password so NAS / HTPC use different and I have to set this in XBMC, but this doesn't work either Sad
I clicked the wrong one so it looks like it works when I use different passwords.

But there is a problem downloading episodes:
I downloaded episode 1 and it ends download at 30mb,
I tried again, ended at 130mb
And finally the third try downloads the complete file.

I don't know when this happens, can't reproduce this anymore but doesn't feel so good.
Even a stream just stopped randomly
Hey, I want to change the
<script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

to a local source but I can't find this in the source code.
I searched in src/protected/views/layouts/main.php but I can't find it.

Please can you tell me where I find this? Otherwise it doesn't work on offline devices which only have local access.

Posted to fast, sorry.
Found it in src/protected/config/main -> jquery package
@poik: glad you found it, I've been thinking about shipping jQuery locally. Create an issue on Github if you insist that it should work on offline devices.
@a5447402 what is the exact URL that causes the "Failed - Server problem" in Chrome?
I've just discovered this, looks good. Does this need installing on the XBMC PC or can it be installed on my NAS?
It can be installed anywhere.
Thank you very much!

For the reverse proxy, why does it say to use /xbmc-vfs as the location; wouldn't you want the whole site to be proxy'd? I'm fairly new to this, so maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works.
Quote:For the reverse proxy, why does it say to use /xbmc-vfs as the location; wouldn't you want the whole site to be proxy'd? I'm fairly new to this, so maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works.

In this case "reverse proxy" means to proxy the XBMC web server behind the Apache web server that you install. If you want to use a reverse proxy for XBMC Video Server itself you're on your own since it breaks quite easily if you do so do the way the Yii framework handles URLs and stuff like that.
Now that you mention it, I don't know what I was thinking.

Although not directly related to this, I've got a question. I know the basics of proxy's, but I've never implemented one. How exactly is the /xbmc-vfs path used and why?
The wiki page should explain the basics of why you want it.
(2014-08-15, 20:40)negge Wrote: The wiki page should explain the basics of why you want it.

I've looked at the wiki more than once, and reading it again finally made things click. I was confused because the path wasn't a valid directory. Then I realized that the settings on apache would redirect that path to a valid directory.
Yeah, the /media in the example is completely arbitrary.
Hi all,

Just having a bit of issues getting the reverse proxy working.
I was hoping to get it going just to hide the username:password details in the Watch URL's.

I have followed all the steps as needed but as soon as I turn on the reverse proxy by adding /xbmc-vfs to the Proxy Location and click on "Watch" I get this error:

"Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404"

I have the XBMC-Video-Server and the XBMC backed running on the same Windows 8.1 machine however being served from different url's (eg. XBMC webserver is running from xbmc.example.com:8000 and the XMBC-Video-Server is accessible on stream.example.com)

Is there anything special I should be doing in the httpd-proxy.conf apart from the obvious of pointing the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse to xbmc.example.com:8000/vfs ?
What URL does your browser try to open when you get the "object not found" page?
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9