Choppy HD Video with nVidia
Having issues with xbmc playback of 1080p movies (SD videos work okay). The playback is entirely unstable and causes xbmc to freeze regularly.

The log file indicates a LOT of "resource temporarily unavailable" errors for my audio device but I've tried different outputs (I only have two to choose from).

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/5838632/
sudo apt-get purge pulseaudio*
(2013-07-03, 07:21)FernetMenta Wrote: sudo apt-get purge pulseaudio*

Thanks for your reply!

That solved the error messages and the system freezing up. Now the playback is still pretty choppy but not nearly like it was before. I know I didn't have any issues whatsoever when I was running Ubuntu but I also didn't use the nVidia drivers with that. Could the drivers be the issue?

EDIT: I did just try it with the x.org driver instead and it's identical to the nVidia 313 and 310 drivers. I also forgot to mention in my original post that I'm running LinuxMint 15-Cinnamon.
Without PulseAudio, though, I now have very little audio control. Have a suggestion of what I should replace it with? I need some sort of sound management on here.
Cinnamon uses compiz or some other compositing stuff, which really sucks. Best is logout and start the normal xbmc session. Btw. to fully remove pulse audio also do:

Code:
sudo apt-get remove --purge libasound2-plugins

Reason: PA support in xbmc is very limited and using an ALSA build and trippler wrap to PA is even worse.

A terminal + alsamixer :-) is your friend
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-07-03, 15:35)Duolos Wrote: Without PulseAudio, though, I now have very little audio control. Have a suggestion of what I should replace it with? I need some sort of sound management on here.

What exactly do you mean?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy HD Video with nVidia1